Brewer Fanatic

Any chance of Gallardo in September or October? -- Latest: Yo will start this Thursday according to BCR (reply #234ish)

panama74
  • Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has this blog posting from TH been posted yet? Seems like a conflicting report. Sounds like Gallardo doesn't believe he is able to start

I talked with Gallardo and he said he probably wouldn't be able to start a game over the final week because he hasn't run the bases or batted in drills during his rehab. That would be asking a lot of a young pitcher with a bright future, so he said pitching a couple of innings out of the bullpen probably would be all he could do, and first the medical folks would have to clear him for that.

Awesome. I hope you will be held accountable.

I agree...in fact, if Yo does start Thursday, I will be the first to congratulate Brew Crew Review for the bigtime scoop. However, if smoke is being blown, I, for one, would be pretty miffed. Considering the idea of Yo starting Thursday isn't being thrown around ANYWHERE, I'm kinda inclined to believe that we will be seeing Suppan.

There is a precedent here, I believe. I think that in the past, posters have reported fake injuries as fact, and were banned. I would imagine this is a similar situation.

Yovani Gallardo with a dodgy knee is still probably better at fielding, hitting and baserunning than most pitchers. Whether or not he could re-injure himself is a completely different question, but as far as whether or not he can do it passably, I'm sure he'll be fine.

I'd be curious to know from BCR if they have been made privy to the details of Yo's upcoming start. Is it a start only in name (i.e. he goes two innings and he's lifted for a pinch hitter?), or is it a real-live, ML start in which he can go 75 pitches, hit and run the bases?

If Gallardo only goes two innings, while technically a "start", it falls in line with the Journal-Sentinel reporting he's available to go a couple of innings.

I'm just trying to decide how excited I should get, and whether or not I should be worried.

Chris

-----

"I guess underrated pitchers with bad goatees are the new market inefficiency." -- SRB

The Brew Crew Review is also available statewide on Wisconsin On Demand (in the Milwaukee area Channel 1111 on Time Warner Digital Cable). We have won multiple statewide awards for broadcasting as well. It's hardly just a West Allis show.

Yo will start tomorrow!

Better make a blank page on your website and quickly write a story or you will be getting flogged for the next two days until jsonline writes about it. Nobody could possibly break any news but Tom Haudricort!!! :gasp:

I think it is starting to look like Yo will be making the start, especially if we win tonight. I think management is in an all or nothing mode right now. If we were 2-3 games out they probably would not risk it.

As for the Brew Crew review I appreciate the news. It seems like people are just hoping they get to bust them down on this one. I have been a journalist in the past and sometimes the sure thing lead falls, through it happens, and discrediting someone for it is a bad idea. A good journalist does everything possible to get the truth out there and always takes a risk that it comes to fruition in a case such as this.

There is a precedent here, I believe. I think that in the past, posters have reported fake injuries as fact, and were banned.

Yep, there is a rule here that anyone found to be posting false rumors about injuries, trades, etc as fact receive an insta-ban.

It would seem that if Gallardo is indeed available to pitch, it may make sense to start him. They would likely have him on a tight pitch count and he may not even get an AB. He could be done after 3 innings. They are really short on options. They are down to:

CC on short rest..again - throws tonight & Sunday if needed.

Bush...our 5th starter...probably goes Saturday on short rest if Sheets can't go or backs him up from pen?

McClung - Friday? Red Alert for pen again.

Sheets - hurt, maybe Saturday

Soup - hurt - maybe throws inning or two in relief of Yo

Parra - gassed - same as Soup or even as a LOOGY

I wouldn't be surprised if Jeff Cirillo started warming up in the pen...these bats better be ready because no lead will be safe.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Well if Scott Bartell is on the case then we can all rest assured.

Someone remind me......who is Scott Bartell?

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Scott Bartell told me of his lead and it is indeed solid. Nothing is ever 100% however. Yo could always have a minor setback, but I am confident in Scott Bartell's lead. No one is lying here. It is information from a solid source but nothing is ever 100%. I am confident Yo will be the starting pitcher tomorrow.

Are you guys talking about Scott Bartell? I know Scott Bartell! Scott Bartell is ten feet tall, weighs two tons, possesses a variety of superhuman capabilities, and has cheated death on numerous occasions.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

As for the Brew Crew review I appreciate the news. It seems like people are just hoping they get to bust them down on this one. I have been a journalist in the past and sometimes the sure thing lead falls, through it happens, and discrediting someone for it is a bad idea. A good journalist does everything possible to get the truth out there and always takes a risk that it comes to fruition in a case such as this.
I'm not trying to bust anyone down. It just seems really bush league to post

"It's Official

Yo is starting on Thursday"

when in fact it is not official at all. Even if there is a good lead on the story, it's not official until the Brewers say it is official. Then when asked about the quote the poster only replies with fake links and jokes. Doesn't show a lot of journalistic integrity in my eyes.

Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

Patrick 425 wrote,

"Are you guys talking about Scott Bartell? I know Scott Bartell! Scott Bartell is ten feet tall, weighs two tons, possesses a variety of superhuman capabilities, and has cheated death on numerous occasions."

I didn't know Scott Bartell weighs two tons, interesting.

Archived