Brewer Fanatic

The Hatred of All Things Cub

tchimmay
I came to a realization a little while ago, and I'm not sure how to feel about it. I have reached a point in my fan career in which I actually enjoy watching the Cubs lose more than I enjoy seeing the Brewers win. Now don't get me wrong, I love seeing the Brewers win. But after watching George Sherrill strike out the last three Cubs with the bases loaded and hearing Wrigley's drunkest fall deathly silent, I had a smile on my face that couldn't have been removed with a jackhammer. But when the Brewers win, my feeling is more of contentment than of schoolgirl-level giddiness. I was just wondering if any other people suffer from this same condition.

...wow, there IS someone out there that understands me...While I might not have that Cub-Hate down as much as you do, I must say I do bask in their losses much more then seems healthy.

Community Moderator

With the chance of both us and the Cubs making the postseason, I quietly fear a Brewers/Cubs NLCS matchup. It would be the most exciting series in Brewers history by far, but there is always that horrific possibility of the Cubs breaking the curse and advancing to the World Series while the Brewers quietly watch from the dugout--possibly at Miller Park.

I'm sorry for even bringing that up.

Could not care less about the Cubs. If the wildcard goes away, then I'll be concerned.

Well, I guess someone's gotta not care.

I'm with the rest of you, hate the Cubs.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I want the Cubs/Brewers NLCS. The idea of blocking them for the 100th year is just too great. And then their fans having to deal with the Brewers winning the World Series. It would be great.

I'm only 22, but my favorite baseball moment of all time are the shots of those fans literally sobbing at the 2003 NLCS. Oh man was that awesome.

http://images.yuku.com/image/jpeg/4382670348be42e0ae2b5d65277db9a8739318d5.jpg

My great mood was turned totally around as The Riot hit that weak grounder to no-man's land to load the bases with nobody out. I found myself disappointed in myself that I would let the Cubs game spoil a great start to an important Brewers road trip. Of course when Sherrill bounced back, I was quite happy.

after watching George Sherrill strike out the last three Cubs with the bases loaded and hearing Wrigley's drunkest fall deathly silent, I had a smile on my face that couldn't have been removed with a jackhammer. But when the Brewers win, my feeling is more of contentment than of schoolgirl-level giddiness.

I think it's natural. When the Brewers win, your joy is only multiplied by the relatively small population of Brewers Nation joining you, but when the Cubs lose, it's happiness magnified with the weighted pleasure of millions of arrogant, insufferable broken hearts.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

With the chance of both us and the Cubs making the postseason, I quietly fear a Brewers/Cubs NLCS matchup. It would be the most exciting series in Brewers history by far, but there is always that horrific possibility of the Cubs breaking the curse and advancing to the World Series while the Brewers quietly watch from the dugout--possibly at Miller Park.

I'm sorry for even bringing that up.

OWBC, if this comes to pass, it will be on your head. I will keep track.

And OSS, I realize that the photo you posted of the sobbing woman has come to signify the cubs' excruciating near-miss of 2003 (for better or for worse). Every time I see it, though, I'd have to admit I'd be doing the exact same thing, should the Brewers find themselves in the same situation. (Obviously I'd be wearing a different cap.)

Since we'll probably never know if she's one of those mindless Wrigleyites that give real fans a bad name - because amid the scads of arrogant casual fans who rile us up so, there are good fans in even their fanbase - or the cubs' equivalent of me, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and not laugh at the photo.

I find ways to ignore the cubs as often as I can. I do this for my mental health. The only time I can't avoid them is when they play the Brewers (unless I choose to ignore the Brewers during those series). The outcomes of those games are either terrific or horrific, not much in between.

P.S. Also for OSS: Weird time stamps appear occasionally in Yuku posts. The reason why is not known, but PrimetimeHater may be on to something.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Watching the fans look horribly sad right after cheering what they think is a game winning grand slam, which turns out to be a pop to left field.. just simple.... is the bee's knees.

I won't say I enjoy watching them lose more then watching the Brewers win, but it's pretty awesome to watch them lose. Just because my hatred for Cub fans runs deep.

And if the last series of the season comes down to be clutch, boy o boy. They better bring in extra Sheriffs, it's going to get ROUGH in the parking lots.

I'd be doing the same thing if the Brewers choked away their chance to win the same pennant. And I'm a man. I recall the FOX footage of the Mets fans crying after the 2006 NLCS -- I can sympathize for them more than the Cubs fans, naturally.

The outcome of a Cubs/Brewers NLCS would draw extreme emotions. A loss: I'd be bitter for years; a win: I'd gloat everyday.

By the way, the Cubs have a stupid logo. I hate the giant C.

Archived