Brewer Fanatic

9/20/06 Cardinals (Suppan) @ Milwaukee (Villanueva) 7:05 CT

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I told my friend at work last weekend I wouldn't be surprised to see Jenkins surge to 20 HR by the end of September like he always does.

4 to go, lol.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

man, that was cool...

too bad for geoff that he waited until it didnt matter to get hot...i dont understand...there no logical correlation between the two things (losing and jenkins not being terrible) but it seems real...

anyway, an amazing game..

I, too, called that one. I was working out while watching the game and decided to take a quick rinse shower between innings and I said out loud to my wife, "I bet Jenkins walks it off."

I dry off and dress and 1 pitch after I plopped into the laz-ee-boy he rips the homer.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Crazy how Jenks gets hot down the stretch every year. If he could put it together for a whole season and not have super slumps he would rake. I'm happy for him, As bad as he played this year I hated seeing him be benched, but he wasnt producing. Now he is and maybe he will be around next season.

1. Tony Gwynn Jr.-CF

2. Rickie Weeks-2B

3. Prince Fielder-1B

4. Bill Hall-3B

5. Geoff Jenkins-RF

6. Corey Hart-LF

7. JJ Hardy-SS

8. Mike Rivera-C

9. Pitcher

Maybe?????????????

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Well,

I still think the Brewers could have bothered to not suck Tuesday night when I was at the park, but I will take a series win.

Hail to Mr. Meaningless September.

The Cardinals are still on 80 wins. Wouldn't it be sweet (in a way) if they lost out and finished below .500?

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I nominate Corey Hart for player of the game, for getting picked off and allowing Jenkins to start with a fresh 0-0 count. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Seriously though, Jenkins is really getting hot. Too little, too late most likely, but it's still encouraging to see that he has the ability to be an offensive force, since we probably have to keep him.

i agree we probably will be stuck with jenkins. WE COULD DO THIS! if we got lucky and got soriano

LF soriano

CF hart

Rf jenkins

clark in center hart moved to right on days of tough lefties. we all know my sceanrio without a big FA acquisition gwynn and nix will be in AAA. braun will likely start in triple a if we acquire soriano making room for billy at short......assuming braun wouldn't hit like jj....if braun out performs jj in spring training (yes the rookie needs to outperform the "vet") then braun is the 3rd basemen and bill starts at short.

we could even attempt to let soriano go back to 2nd, put weeks in center and hart in left.

there is just so many options . without soriano i think we could field a decent team but not a great one. soriano is that bat we need... him or lee. i dont want to gut the team to get andruw jones.

(not to get to far off topic) lmao

Archived