Brewer Fanatic

9/20/06 Cardinals (Suppan) @ Milwaukee (Villanueva) 7:05 CT

The cards send Jeff Suppan to the mound tonite. Suppan coming off a 7 inning quality start aganst the Giants his last start looks to continue to the success aganst the MIlwaukee Brewers tonite. Meanwhile the Brewers send rookie Villanueva to the mound. If nothing else we can find some solice in the face that Ohka won't be pitching tonite. Hopefully Villanueva will seize this chance and make a run at a spot in the rotation next year!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6 RBI night from either Fielder or Hall will put them in the lead for team run-production. 5 will tie them with the guy who's been in the AL for almost two months.

I think seeing Mench and Gross chase balls into the LF corner about as clumsily as Lee did (but without his bat) was like salt in the wound. If a guy can get comfortable out there, move around pretty well and maybe get to some balls we're not used to seeing caught, I know I'd feel pretty good.

Although watching Carlos put his hands up to shield himself from a fly ball he couldn't get to was almost as satisfying as seeing him knock one in, and definitely funnier. I miss that even more than the team's offense.

...I'm guessing 7 IP 0 ER 4-5 Hits from 4-5Ks 1 BB for Villy....

It'd be beautiful to get to the 8th without the bullpen. I'll guess 6 innings, 4 hits, 2 walks, 2 ER and 2K and a win, how many times can the same low guy beat the Brewers?

With the way this year's going, though, do you really think we'll be able to head into this offseason unreservedly optimistic about Villanueva? Lot of bile around here, short's outslugging the world of short and he gets his turn to be picked on, just like everyone else.

Edited: a caveat

You want to talk about a 1927 Yankees lineup just wait until you see the Brewers lineup tonight.

Cardinals:

1. Aaron Miles SS

2. Chris Duncan LF

3. Albert Pujols 1B

4. Juan Encarnacion CF

5. Scott Spiezio 3B

6. Preston Wilson RF

7. Ron Belliard 2B

8. Yadier Molina C

9. Jeff Suppan P

Brewers:

1. Tony Gwynn Jr. CF

2. Tony Graffanino SS

3. Prince Fielder 1B

4. Corey Hart LF

5. Geoff Jenkins RF

6. Jeff Cirillo 2B

7. David Bell 3B

8. Damian Miller C

9. Carlos Villanueva P

Boy Craig Coshun sure knows his Brewer minor leaguers.

He says Gallardo instead of "Guy-ar-doh"

Baseball announcers should know how to pronounce Spanish names whether they know the guy or not.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Quote:
what just happened? The ump called Hart safe at first.

No Hart was out at 1st, they called Fielder safe but he never went to 2nd because he thought he was out, Pujols then threw to 2nd and Belliard ran him down.

No Hart was out at 1st, they called Fielder safe but he never went to 2nd because he thought he was out, Pujols then threw to 2nd and Belliard ran him down.

yeah, the replays showed that..not sure why I saw the ump give a safe sign

Quote:
Who's excited about the new Bucks lineup, five guys that complement each other? Everyone's sleeping on them so far this year.

I'm very excited. Our front court is set for years to come and the average age for our starting lineup is 23.4 years old.

Archived