Brewer Fanatic

Prince nearing a .900 OPS, is he still having a down year?

obobo55
I think it's interesting that, coming into tonight's game, Prince & Braun shared the same OPS+ (119). One is being lauded & voted into the All-Star game, and the other is getting called a disappointment that we should trade this offseason.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I think it's interesting that, coming into tonight's game, Prince & Braun shared the same OPS+ (119). One is being lauded & voted into the All-Star game, and the other is getting called a disappointment that we should trade this offseason.

Point well taken. And Corey is almost exactly the same (120).

First of all, I'd like to establish that I've been a proponent of trading Prince for about a month now and I have no problem with his production. Just because people want to trade him, doesn't mean he's under performing. The reason I want to trade him is because of the value he has and the pitching he can bring in while we can put formidable replacements at 1B in there for him in the process.

First of all, I'd like to establish that I've been a proponent of trading Prince for about a month now and I have no problem with his production. Just because people want to trade him, doesn't mean he's under performing.

I respect that, TWR. You (imo) are in the minority, though. Most of the 'trade Prince asap!' talk came this season, right on the heels of how he was too fat to ever hit HR again.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I would prefer to trade Prince either in the offseason or in the middle of next season when there are better prospects in AAA and only if we get at least one starter we will have for 2+ years in return.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I agree with TWR, and would like to add Boras to the list of why I would trade Prince. It's like the reason we benched Hall. He wasn't the first pick to go, but was the one that we had a replacement that can readily step in. Braun is signed for (relatively) cheap. I don't think Prince will ever be cheap after this year.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Archived