Brewer Fanatic

Complain about your job

homer
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I hate my job. I hate my clients. There really isn't much about my job I enjoy except the fact that I work from home and don't have to shave everyday.

Please, feel free to share your job horror stories so I can stop feeling sorry for myself.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I hate...... um.... well....

the vending machine ate my quarter once!

I love my job. Though, my past life as a courier has given me a hatred for drivers. If you don't use your turn signal or bother to replace your brake lights, you are my sworn enemy.

My hours suck. I start at 8 am weekdays and work every weekend. The last time I had a day off was When I went to Hawaii in January. The first vacation I've had in four years. I work the store and do all the deliveries then have to do more deliveries at night. I don't get paid vacation and no sick days. I pay for my own health insurance and pension. I get no paid holidays and work most of them for no extra pay. I get no overtime even though I work 60-70 hours a week. I also wouldn't change jobs for the world.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

I get paid well to basically sit here and read Brewerfan all day. This year I may have done about 6 hours of what I actually got hired for which is why they are transitioning me to another title. While it sounds great to basically sit here and do nothing, it gets old really fast and you run out of things to read about.

No complaints...I'm on vacation right now.

Backup, you own your own business?

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I had a friend of mine get fired from a job in politics for giving out too much information while blogging about how much he disliked his job.

Ever since then, I made the decision to never say anything negative about my own job across the Internets.

The only part of my job that sucks is lugging heavy DJ equipment up flights of stairs or in and out of service elevators at every gig.

Other than that, I get paid to be an important part of one of the biggest days of a couples' life.

I used to work in corporate America and made a shedload more money than I do now, and yet, I wouldn't change what I do for the world!

I like my job, but I hate most of my clients. Not on a personal level... (well one of them I do). I actually like my co workers and even my boss. I love the hours and the schedule. Now lets see if I make it to my next review.....
20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

I work at a nuclear plant with 600 people... there are 2 women under the age of 30 that are single.

I get paid too much

That's right...a friend of mine here in Vegas just got a job at a nuclear facility in North Carolina after getting her degree in Nuclear Engineering. Gotta be the same place, right?

My job is boring and very repetitive. I need/want a new job that challenges me some and gives some kind of job satisfaction. Consider this an open application for anyone hiring in the financial field.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I like my job but my company just got sold so I may not have a job w/in a month or two. So, do I like my job or do I hate it? I really dislike the uncertainty...
@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

I like how this thread was begun during typical workday hours.

There's not much major I dislike about my job, apart from maybe the tendency of some to automatically assume that public employees are a bad thing.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I like what I do and I like my customers but I hate my company.

Everyone is on there own agenda, I talk to one person and then get a different answer from someone else. Also the CEO just sits behind his computer and send intimidating emails out to all the sales reps usually about once a week

Hate the travel! For a 90 minute meeting, I went to the airport at 7:00am today and got home at 11:30pm... traffic jams between flights, multi-hour layovers, mechanical delays and an hour on the runway waiting for paperwork to be filed (and have to go back to pick-up missing checked baggage tomorrow). But otherwise...

I have to drive 900 miles to get to work.

I work 84 hour work weeks for weeks on end.

I am 120 miles from the nearest town.

I haven't seen a woman in 4 days.

I don't have a flushing toilet.

I can't take showers.

It's 2 am and I am up working.

I haven't seen my family in 3 weeks.

I smell like diesel.

I haven't watched a Brewers game in 3 weeks.

EDIT: Also, I've witnessed people getting severly injured several times. I should mention I really like my job.

Archived