Brewer Fanatic

Obscure Oak Leaf Trail Question

Samurai Bucky

After waiting the 8 weeks post-hernia surgery, I got my lazy backside out of the rack this morning and hopped on the bike. As I was on the Oak Leaf Trail, I went across a bridge I had gone across many times before. It is just west of Highway 100 south of Beloit. Google Maps Link I was wondering what this bridge was used for? Did the Root River Parkway actually follow that route before HWY 15 was upgraded to an Interstate?

Just curious.

PS: Sorry for using the word "Obscure." I could put in some Oak Leaf Trail stats, but they might cause angst amongst people at other boards. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Community Moderator
That is very close to my parent's home in Greenfield. My grandparents always said that they were going to extend the parkway but changed their minds, but I don't know if they know that for a fact. That bridge has to be around 20-30 years old by now--the Root River rerouted itself around it.

Archived