Brewer Fanatic

9/23/06 Giants (Lowry) @ Brewers (Capuano) 6:05 CT

TheEndless7

If I were a Giants fan, after these first three games I'd be ready to pull my hair out. Lots of drama, and some good comebacks by the 'crew.

1 more win to avoid 90 losses. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Jack was part of tonight's TV trivia question, being one of three current major leaguers born in Milwaukee. The others were Joe Randa and Mark Grudzielanek.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

so, Jaime, what'd you win at Fan Appreciation Night? Do they still do the old drum and pick out ticket stubs to win prizes (that's what they did the last time I went to FA Night, sometime in the mid-80s)

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Haha I was there. You were not.

Hahaha, Jamie. I was there for the whole game. You were not. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Since we offered to monitor Jamie and Mary's stubs for the rest of the night after they had to leave, I can verify (and break the news) that there were no prize winners in the brewerjamie15 and hawing parties. Robbed, once again.

Do they still do the old drum and pick out ticket stubs to win prizes...

I wish. "The drum" had but a prerecorded cameo appearance on the videoboard before the game started. They announced winning seat locations between half innings - based on the scanned barcodes of tickets used that night. All computers, and I'm guessing no paper trail.

I understand why people don't want to stay 30-60 minutes beyond the end of a game (especially when they're as long as Saturday night's) just to find that they didn't win the car. But it was much more suspenseful when they drew ticket stubs from the drum after the game. "The next winner comes...from...the BLEACHERS!" (cue wild cheering from the bleacher fans)

You could see the winners and cheer them on as they jumped up excitedly, maybe high fived their seatmates, then began to hustle down to the field level. (Don't forget the obligatory "Jump!" chant whenever someone from the upper deck was a winner.)

It was more fun then. Of course, it might be more fun overall if we ever actually won a fabulous prize.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

You could see the winners and cheer them on as they jumped up excitedly, maybe high fived their seatmates, then began to hustle down to the field level. (Don't forget the obligatory "Jump!" chant whenever someone from the upper deck was a winner.)
Not to mention the boos that arose when winners came from the often unoccupied seats behind home plate. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived