Brewer Fanatic

6/24/08 Brewers (Bush) at Braves (Morton): 6:00 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EXCELLENT! Can't beat taking the first two on the road. No need to stop winning road games any time soon, let's get em again tomorrow!

When can we get this Dave Bush guy out of the rotation?

Torres has been way overworked lately. He should not have been in there. I hate how Ned always manages by the book instead of having a sense for the situation.

I do give Ned credit for walking that lefty batter to face Corky Miller. It obviously paid off.

Thank god the Brewers held on.

Skip Caray on the radio broadcast yelled "SWUUUUUUUUUUUUUNG!!!!!!" when Miller hit the ball, and I thought it was 6-4. Thankfully his next words were "And Hardy catches it" or else my wife would've needed a new iron.

Yes, I was ironing.

and yes, that Favre to Brooks over the middle pass that Torres pulled off on the sac bunt was an inconspicuously spectacular play. kudos to Rickie too. So much chatter from the Atlanta play by play and color team about the Brewers' fundamentals. man.

Cox would be getting RIPPED apart endlessly on this board right now for his use of Chipper.

let's hope that B Roberts, Markasis and Scott use that game over there as a fuse lighting, eh?

Torres has been way overworked lately. He should not have been in there. I hate how Ned always manages by the book instead of having a sense for the situation.

I do give Ned credit for walking that lefty batter to face Corky Miller. It obviously paid off.

Thank god the Brewers held on.

Up by three runs in the ninth with a winning road series in sight? Yost made the right move, regardless of Torres' workload. He can sit tomorrow and rest on the off day on Thursday. I'm not going to say "must-win" but this was a huge game on the start of a 10-game road trip. You've got to put your best reliever in there and have him slam the door. He trip on his way to the door and the resulting breeze caused it to close ... barely. But it counts.

wow my heart finally stopped pounding.

thank god for that 4th run and the Braves generous defense tonight.

You knew Torres was due to get nicked up a bit as he had been untouchable for a while.

I'm hoping the near miss will deflate the Braves a little more and we get the sweep tomorrow.

A series win in Atlanta's pretty sweet. Gaining a game on the Cubs is a bonus, but I would've preferred if the Cardinals remembered how to lose. Hopefully Suppan can bounce back from his bad start and pitches well in the series finale tomorrow.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Let me describe my situation. I usually always watch the game until the last out, especially when it's close, but for some reason tonight I couldn't watch. So I have a TV and computer in the same room. The computer is facing the wall and the TV is to the left of the computer towards the window.

I mute the TV and since I can still see the the TV out of the corner of my eye I use my left hand and put it against my head so I can't see. I stay on the computer reading the forum (mainly the major and minor league forum) and then check in every minute or so on gameday or glance over at the TV to see what's going on. Well I glance over at the TV and see that Torres goes to 3-0 on Corky Miller and I say to myself if you walk Corky Miller we are so losing this game. Well I look away again and see he gets it back to 3-2, so I say what the heck, I might as well watch the rest of the game. I see the little jam shot and the first thing I think is "Oh no, that's going to fall." Then I see Hardy coming in and think "Hey he has a chance to get this." When he got it I let out a huge sigh of relief.

I did pretty much the same thing in the 9th inning of the Cubs game. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I guess what I'm really trying to say is when Miller hit that jam shot did anybody else think that it was going to be a bloop single off the bat like I did?

Archived