Brewer Fanatic

Brewers.com Message Board blasts brewerfan.net (again)

owbc
But he practiced with the team! Reminds me of a user who was banned recently who said that he was friends with a major league GM.

We ban all kinds of important people here at Brewerfan.net, because we're teh jerks.

My freshman year of high school I was in the same English class as Jim Gantner's son. Take that brewerfan! I am teh awesum.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am more curious about the post count than the name of the banned...

I think there are really two types of people who get banned:

-The first kind have very low posts counts when they get the boot, generally under 100 posts. This is because they are generally acerbic posters who openly break the site's rules and don't seem to care about it or have any remorse about it. These are the types of posters who just aren't good fits for this website. Maybe they're used to saying whatever they want, however they want on the internet.

-The second kind have relatively high post counts when they get the boot, generally over 1000 posts. This is because they often bend, but rarely break, the rules. These posters are usually more passive aggressive than outright aggressive and have a particular style that, while not against the rules, tends to rub people the wrong way. These posters also do not respond to "coaching" moderators give them in certain areas where they are coming close to or maybe breaking the rules on a regular basis.

The guy keeps claiming a guy was banned because he was arguing for Mark DeRosa over weeks, but unless I'm missing something in that thread, the guy left on his own free will because he didn't want to deal with Gopher anymore.

Something i have noticed over the years since i left brewers.com is some people over there will trash BF.net just about any chance they get(a certain hairdresser who hates math comes to mind). They call us nerds, and mock the avatars, that's fine. That kind of behavior is what drove me over here in the first place(i'm sure i'm not alone either). People don't wanna think when they interact on the internet, there are other places to do that. Over 1800 people visited this forum in the last day. I'd say that's pretty good for a bunch of nerd nazis who demand perfect spelling.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

To clear things up, this is the Weeks/DeRosa thread that I'm assuming he's referring to: NL Central Thread

The guy (RickieWeeksJr) was not banned for simply disagreeing, he was banned for hijacking threads with his Weeks/DeRosa argument and hijacking threads with his complaints about the moderators' response to his hijacking; e.g. this thread.

The guy on Brewers.com is either RickieWeeksJr or one of his buds, because they both use the MR comment in one of their posts. Seems like a pretty odd detail to bring up.

I know you said the guy hijacked other threads with his complaints, which is uncalled for and not the way to deal with it, but after reading that thread, to be honest, I just don't see why a strike was issued in the first place. It didn't seem like the guy he was talking to really cared at all, and FWIW I've seen worse go unpunished here. I think if the roles were reversed, there's no way that gets a strike. Just my opinion, but maybe there's more to it than I can see. I can't see the other threads.

It was something about how the poster (scoop) found a flaw in Hart's swing/Stance. It had something to do with Hart's elbow either pointing out or down. Scoop said it was a simple fix but that Corey would never materialize as a prospect if he didnt change it.

Scoop! That's right it was him, and that was basically the story.... the good ole days. In addition to Scoop's elbow thread, how did bjames farewell thread not make the archives, he had something like 45 posts out of 70 or 80 in the thread, a perfect example of what not to do.

edited my phrase since it was already used.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

PeaveyFury[/b]]The guy keeps claiming a guy was banned because he was arguing for Mark DeRosa over weeks, but unless I'm missing something in that thread, the guy left on his own free will because he didn't want to deal with Gopher anymore.
Sorry Peavy, I must have had the wrong thread. The guy in that thread who left voluntarily also got some(one?) nasty private messages from Gopher.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I know you said the guy hijacked other threads with his complaints, which is uncalled for and not the way to deal with it, but after reading that thread, to be honest, I just don't see why a strike was issued in the first place. It didn't seem like the guy he was talking to really cared at all, and FWIW I've seen worse go unpunished here. I think if the roles were reversed, there's no way that gets a strike. Just my opinion, but maybe there's more to it than I can see. I can't see the other threads.

I don't know if there was more stuff behind the scenes after that (and neither does kngfielder), but if I remember correctly, those weren't the only threads that this happened in. Maybe it was just a feeling, but I remember feeling like every thread during that time was turning into a debate about Weeks. There's also the fact that we don't know if there were nasty PMs or emails sent after that. Considering the way he was acting and the things he was saying in the thread, I would take the mod's word over his in that matter.

But then again, I'm only agreeing with the mods so I can say whatever I want and not get banned http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

There were two threads that were sufficiently hijacked to get locked, and another one in which his comments were hidden. Every effort to reason with and placate him (both by mods and general members) was met with a tantrum and accusations. I invited him to discuss it things with me via PM, but instead he felt it was necessary to rant wherever he pleased. That's not something that we're just going to tolerate.

I sometimes like to talk about about these forums in my diary that I keep and write in every night. Take that moderators!
I only hope you have a whole hawing chapter in your diary. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

And TLB, you've got some 'splainin' to do.

This thread is headed for WOAH SOLVDD, right?

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived