Brewer Fanatic

Brewers.com Message Board blasts brewerfan.net (again)

owbc
Community Moderator

I still post occasionally over there and I just had to spread the word about this post:

Okay this place is just too funny for words. I've been posting over there and there's this one guy who's obsessed with pulling out the most obscure stats to prove obscure things that no one cares about. I don't think he even knows what he's arguing about half the time. I can't remember his name, not gonna bother to look, I just know he has a picture of Selig's daughter on his profile, which I guess says all you need to know.

So I'm spending some time there, learning the ropes, keeping my real thoughts inward because I've noticed the moderating over there is Hitler-esque and they seem to ban anyone and everyone who ruffles a single feather. Anyway, I took a gander at the "about us" page and ... yeah ... wow.

Sure, there are some normal lookin' dudes there. Typical baseball fans, then you got one dude using a picture of a dog, another girl (I don't think those guys have actually met a girl) using a picture of Lisa Simpson, and some guy named Josh O'Connell. I can't quite figure out what that guy looks like, but I'm working on it. I think he thinks he's stuck in Malibu and has no idea he's from Wisconsin, at least the picture make it looks that way.

Then there were my two favorites, some poet-looking ponytail guy and best of all, a guy named Jim Goulart who I think is actually Mike Krzyzewski in Brewers gear.

They never updated the content. Before the draft "preview" the article they had up was like a year old. Basically they got a message board run by Hitler but they think they're the be all end all of everything Brewers. Ugh.

Also of interest is the website that one of their posters created: goatofthegame.com

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyway, I took a gander at the "about us" page and ... yeah ... wow.

Wow -- you guys seem to suck. Looks like you need to turn it up to 11 on the about us page.

Then there were my two favorites, some poet-looking ponytail guy and best of all, a guy named Jim Goulart who I think is actually Mike Krzyzewski in Brewers gear.

Jim is one of my favorites as well -- the poet-ponytail guy not so much.

Basically they got a message board run by Hitler but they think they're the be all end all of everything Brewers.

I thought BF.net was run like Arby's, right? -- Didn't we decide BF.net = Arby's?

So I'm spending some time there, learning the ropes, keeping my real thoughts inward because I've noticed the moderating over there is Hitler-esque and they seem to ban anyone and everyone who ruffles a single feather. Anyway, I took a gander at the "about us" page and ... yeah ... wow.

I didn't know it was a bad thing to show respect for other people and their opinions. Darn those moderators for trying to keep things civil.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

moles and trolls, moles and trolls..... name that movie Brewer fans!

I don't see how the goat site is any better or worse than firenedyost.com? Pretty much the same thing...

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

You sure, Brian?

Hey RLuz, can we get a stat on the chances of us managing to cope?

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Can anyone find the Weeks/Derosa thread he mentions? That might be good for a chuckle.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Ahhh.... I see who that's from. He tipped his hand:

Brian most the time is decent but he can be a total u know what sometimes to as he demands anyone that posts on his Brewerfan.net to be english majors when typing.....
This was the guy who ended up getting banned because he said he was going to make an effort to troll the site (turns out, he meant lurk). He was warned about excessive AOL-speak, and went pretty nuts after that, implying that people who spell out the word "you" must be English majors. I won't even post the "parting shot" message he wrote to Ethan (although it was probably the funniest thing I've read all year).

But in fairness, I'm sure my wife will agree that I can be a "total u know what sometimes". So I'll spot him a couple of points there.

Is it really that tough to type the "yo" in front of the "u"?

Sorry, that sounded English major-ish.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I love threads like these. They are always good for a laugh. It has been too long since someone complained about BF.net.

The ironic thing is that people who post these exaggerations only encourage people to check out our site.

Honestly, I just wish people would realize that each message board provides entertainment value for a certain set of people. If some people like the style of conversation over at Brewers.com, ESPN, SportsBubbler, RealGM, or whatever, that's great. Sometimes people just aren't a good match for Brewerfan (or vice versa) for one reason or another. People shouldn't take it so personally.

Brian the Automator wrote:

You're banned! YOUR WHOLE FAMILY IS BANNED!$!#

I don't know how I am going to explain that to my brother who also posts here. There goes my Christmas gifts for the next 10 years.

You deserve a strike for excessive punctuation. I kid, I kid.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Is it really that tough to type the "yo" in front of the "u"?

Sorry, that sounded English major-ish.

I've always thought this too. It seems like it should be harder to type the shortcut, unless when you think the word "you" your mind automatically pictures that "u" and you go straight for it on the keyboard. Same goes for "2" and to/too/two. If I don't look when I type numbers there's a decent chance I'm hitting the wrong one.

Okay this place is just too funny for words.

Except these two hundred:

I've been posting over there and there's this one guy who's obsessed with pulling out the most obscure stats to prove obscure things that no one cares about.

If this guy would learn how to work a computer, he could hide all the posts that contain an acronym or a number and highlight every sentence that contains a swearword substitute or triple extra punctuation to make sure his eye is drawn to the most relevant information. Who is this guy talking about anyway?

I don't think he even knows what he's arguing about half the time. I can't remember his name, not gonna bother to look, I just know he has a picture of Selig's daughter on his profile, which I guess says all you need to know.

That rluzyinsky guy who used to post here? Or is he still here? I'm sure the rest of you guys have him on your ignore list like I do.

And what does that avatar tell you anyway? That Russ is a knowledgeable, longish time fan with a sense of humor?

So I'm spending some time there, learning the ropes, keeping my real thoughts inward because I've noticed the moderating over there is Hitler-esque and they seem to ban anyone and everyone who ruffles a single feather.

...or is a gay Jewish gypsy.

Anyway, I took a gander at the "about us" page and ... yeah ... wow.

Sure, there are some normal lookin' dudes there. Typical baseball fans, then you got one dude using a picture of a dog,

He's using a picture of a dog!? How can that guy possibly know anything about baseball!?

another girl (I don't think those guys have actually met a girl)

Russ, the appointed king nerd, is rumored to have met one once. She (allegedly) was the receptionist at the ovary clinic that helped him create his newborn baby. Consider me skeptical though.

using a picture of Lisa Simpson,

http://www.islandersarmy.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/57367-simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

and some guy named Josh O'Connell.

WHAAA!??!? What the crap kind of name is that!!?!?!

I can't quite figure out what that guy looks like, but I'm working on it. I think he thinks he's stuck in Malibu and has no idea he's from Wisconsin, at least the picture make it looks that way.

Embrace your roots, Josh!!! Start a dairy farm and grow a beer gut for god sake, eh?

Then there were my two favorites, some poet-looking ponytail guy

Ethan again gets a prime spot on the hater favorite list, but we have a new guy in the top spot:

and best of all, a guy named Jim Goulart who I think is actually Mike Krzyzewski in Brewers gear.

Actually, he's Russell Branyan, and like Casey and his dog, he posted a picture of his pet. (Yes, Russell Branyan's pet is Mike Krzyzewski, whom he forces to wear Brewers gear.) It has to be. Russell Branyan is the only man who could be that awesome at covering the minor leagues and have a human for a pet.

They never updated the content. Before the draft "preview" the article they had up was like a year old. Basically they got a message board run by Hitler but they think they're the be all end all of everything Brewers. Ugh.

Yeah, take that! He's on the OFFICIAL Brewers.com message board. Which one do you think is better...

Archived