Brewer Fanatic

09/24/06--Giants (Cain) @ Brewers (Sheets)--1:05 PM CDT

bucks2281
Quote:
The T-shirts were awesome. They were retro-blue and had "Milwaukee" written in yellow script. There was also a small ball and glove logo on it. The shirts sort of resembled the batting practice jerseys that the players wear on retro-Sundays (although slightly different).

Cripes!

I've wanted one of those types since they showed them on TV

3TO Apostle

Quote:
After the game, all the players came out and saluted the fans by throwing Brewers merchandise into the stands. It was a nice day all around.

This one always bugs me, and I'm not trying to start a fight with any rich season ticket holders that may frequent the board, but . . .

I've seen this at other stadiums, where the players will take their uniforns, hats, batting gloves, etc. off and then throw them into the stands. Usually, the players only manage to get them a few rows into the seats. Now, granted, not ALL people sitting in rows 1-5 of the lower deck are rich people (some get those tickets from scalpers, from firends, from work, etc) but I always have to roll my eyes at this, thinking, "yeah, these people REALLY need that stuff, since they can afford practically anything, including $10,000+ a ticket per year."

It's a nice idea, but it really makes people who sit in the less expensive seats feel like peons in the realm of the stadium.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Quote:
It's a nice idea, but it really makes people who sit in the less expensive seats feel like peons in the realm of the stadium.

I would recommend heading to the lower level just before the 9th inning. You can watch the ending from the concourse. Once the game ends, you can sneak your way towards the dugouts. A lot of people did that.

Normally the ushers are cool about it. Today they had kids scheduled to run bases after the game, and they were trying to prevent people from moving towards the field. But it wasn't that hard to find your way to the front if you were really determined.

I managed to get to the second row.

C'mon, you guys can't seriously be watching your fantasy pre-season hockey team a;ready.

Not me! I was at Miller Park, scoring my T-shirt, magnet schedule, and ticket that'll get me into a free game next year. And a Chris Capuano collector's pin, because we donated a gently worn coat.

Of course, I was robbed on the "shirt off their backs" drawing. If anyone knows who was sitting in section 209/row 4/seat 4, and you think they might be willing to trade their Doug Davis jersey...let me know. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

It was redeeming to see two good, or at least winning, games to end our season. (The hawing ticket package was 14-8, a .636 winning pct. They could at least give me a jersey for the good fortune I bring...) If our last game had been that crapfest on Tuesday vs. STL, the off-season would certainly have been more sour for me.

I missed out on the thrown merchandise from the dugout (we stayed upstairs long enough to say 'bye' to the terrace area employees who have become friends); but thanks to a kind gesture from a bf.net poster who gave me an item he caught last year, I'm set. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif (But I hope you got something more this year.)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote:
For anyone who went to the game, how sweet were the free shirts they gave away for the first 15,000? Anyone got a picture?

Ah I saw those on Telemundo and was wondering what they were for. I turned the sound up and was hoping that for just a few seconds that I would be able to understand spanish.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Archived