Brewer Fanatic

George Carlin dead at 71

OldSchoolSnapper

After recently watching a youtube video of one of his gigs, I was again in awe of how well he spoke and delivered his material on stage. He was always thought-provoking and interesting. RIP George Carlin, you will be missed by many.

He was funny, but his latest HBO specials were embarrassingly bad. Still sad to hear he died though. His cameo in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back was one of the funniest scenes from any movie in the last 10 years, imo.

This is very sad. Flipping through the channels on my XM radio, I always stop if I hear George Carlin doing a routine. He made comedy into an art form. His routine and delivery were all so well prepared and rehearsed. He will be missed.

He didn't die, did he? Didn't he 'pass on'? Or did he 'pass away'? Or was it that he 'went to a better place?' Maybe he 'expired.' Of course, he might have always just 'kicked the bucket.' Maybe he just 'transformed into the Force,' or 'perished.' Then again, perhaps he just 'bit the dust', 'cashed in', 'gave up the ghost', 'deceased', or 'turned up his toes.' But I'm willing to bet that, to him, he just plain 'croaked!'

That was my pitiful attempt at a tribute to a revolutionary comic & commentator. You will be missed, George. And don't worry, every time I see someone's blinker flashing as they drive along straight, I'll have my heart warmed by your razor wit.

RIP George. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

"You can sell absolutely anything in this country. I'll bet you could sell fried chicken heads..."

"What's that?"

"It's a fried chicken head."

"Gross! Get that out of here!"

"They're only a dollar."

"Whoa! Get two, get one for me!"

Archived