Brewer Fanatic

Weeks back, Hurricane back to AAA

And That

but I'm glad not to have to see Counsell batting leadoff.

To be fair Counsell has been doing well above what anyone would think he could do at the leadoff spot so far. He has been getting on base nearly every game since he was put in the leadoff spot which has been really nice I doubt that this success will continue but it has been nice to have Counsell on the team.

Yeah I wouldn't really complain about Counsell leading off considering he's been getting on base and rather effective in his short stint. Counsell is exactly what you need in a utility player because he can fill in around the diamond and produce for short periods of time.

I'd rather have Craig Counsell get the bulk of the playing time. I've lost patience with Weeks.

I wouldn't. Yes Counsell has been doing well since Rickie has gone down but I would wager my money on Weeks being able to do better over the long run. Counsell right now in his career is not an everyday player.

I hope if Rickie struggles we see Counsell a little bit more at 2B. It's time to hold all players accountable and not rely on potential. I hope Weeks does well, but we need to put this team in the best position to win and hopefully it is Weeks that can do that.

I agree with the masses glad to see Rickie back although Counsell has been playing quite well in the short stint. And for those who think Counsell's everyday production would best Rickie in the long run, let's remember what Counsell said at the beginning of the year. IIRC it was something along the lines of, and I quote, "If I'm playing everyday this team is in trouble".

I really would have liked to see Weeks spend 5-7 days in Nashville. Counsell has been doing ok, and perhaps a week of mashing AAA pitching would help Rickie get off to a hot start.

Agreed. What has anyone honestly seen from Weeks so far this season to make them think he gives the team a better chance to win than Counsell currently does? Counsell has been hot lately, and I'm not eager to see him benched.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Good grief! Rickie's awful luck continues -- he hit two balls today very, very well... only to hit them into fielder's gloves. That play in RC by Markakis was nice. Welcome back, Rickie. I hope the luck evens itself out for you, and soon!
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived