Brewer Fanatic

The CC Sabathia thread: Latest - CC a Brewer! (part 1)

Man, to bad Gamel or Laporta didn't have these big years a year prior. I'd love to have pulled off the trade instead that the Rays did to get Garza for Young, vs a few months of Sabathia. Obviously though it' no lock that the Twins would have rather had Gamel or Laporta to Young, but it sure would be nice to have the rights to a young arm like Garza for multiple years instead of multiple months. With Young struggling, the Twins as of right now can't be happy with the results.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mongo like C.C.

This is really getting me excited. Furthermore, I feel the United States of America deserves Sabathia-to-Milwaukee as a birthday present. It's the only patriotic thing to do.

And I say as a birthday present to America the Indians trade Sabathia to us for Mota, Gwynn and Jackson. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Man I hope we get CC. I would be expecting atleast a good bullpen arm with CC if both prospects are included. Also we dont know if any of these guys are going to be Major Leaguers.

Im liking the playoff rotation of CC, Sheets, Suppan, plus Gallardo if he returns early enough and Parra.

I definitely hope not Escobar & Laporta... thats 12 years of 2 studs gone to waste. My hope is that Gamel, Escobar, & Jeffress are off the books, as they are too valuable to this franchise's future. Maybe a straight-up Gamel or Escobar, but the tribe wont do that. I'm thinking Laporta/Lucroy or Salome/Green is pretty fair trade.

Laporta is a great prospect without much a chance behind Prince, Braun, Hart, and potentially Gamel, and he bats righty. Salome is also without a position, and his defense is a ways away. Green and Lucroy are still in A-ball, so they have the most to prove.

Escobar's range is very valuable to the franchise, and he should bolster the infield over Weeks or Hardy.

The other part not mentioned here is that CC is an obvious Type A, so we get half a year of CC plus 2 high draft picks.

Escobar is the holdup for me, make it LaPorta and Salome and I get over it, but I want Perez back too, I had looked at his state earlier tonight.

LaPorta, Salome and a third player for Sabathia and Perez would work for me...just lay off the rest of the top five.

Closing in on midnight out West here....I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve waiting for Santa Melvin to come down the chimney with a stud pitcher for us

Before I'd be surprised if this happened prior to the All-Star Break but the heat on this one's getting so intense I almost expect it to be done any minute now.

I do think if the Brewers are going to do it, they need to do it now--squeeze as much blood and guts and grit (and battle) as we can get from C.C. With their sweeping on the Southside this week and Shapiro's comments, I believe the Indians are ready.

I remember back in mid-May when many bf.netters were checking the boards every morning, in anticipation of Yost's firing.

In early July, bf.netters are checking the boards every morning, in anticipation of landing CC Sabathia.

Let's get this deal done, I'm getting excited!

It's to the point now where I fully expect this to happen, and probably in time for Sabathia to start Monday or Tuesday in Milwaukee. If it does happen, I'm certain that I'll positively freak out when I see what we gave up to get him - that's just the nature of the beast.

I want a reliever, immediately. Either get one with CC, or get one from somewhere else - now. I'd love for it to be Fuentes, but the Red Sox, Rays, Yankees, Phillies and Cardinals are all chasing him. Two more draft picks would make for an insane draft day, but I think I'd rather stay out of that fight.

I remember back in mid-May when many bf.netters were checking the boards every morning, in anticipation of Yost's firing.

In early July, bf.netters are checking the boards every 5 seconds, in anticipation of landing CC Sabathia.

Let's get this deal done, I'm getting excited!

fixed http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I really don't know what to do here. I want to go to sleep and wake up to the headline "Sabathia traded to the Brewers." but I also want to be awake when/if it happens. So I guess it would probably be a good idea to go to bed now since I doubt they're going to announce trades at 2 in the morning. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

This reminds me of the Thursday night before we traded Carlos Lee in 2006 -- updating the page every minute, waiting for something to happen. The next morning -- BAM Coco was a Brewer (so was Kevin Mench, but let's try to forget about that).

I haven't read the whole thread but is there any way, rhyme or reason that the Brewers could acquire Sabathia AND Grady Sizemore? That would be interesting but a heck of a lot we'd have to give up? I know that I read that the Indians could possibly be shopping the young outfielder, although I would think that'd be foolish.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Somebody asked what it would take to get Sizemore and Sabathia and someone (correctly, IMO) replied, "The Huntsville Stars."

I've got tickets for all three San Francisco games after the break...I really want to see CC pitch for the Crew that weekend (esp. since he's a local guy--Vallejo)

I haven't read the whole thread but is there any way, rhyme or reason that the Brewers could acquire Sabathia AND Grady Sizemore? That would be interesting but a heck of a lot we'd have to give up? I know that I read that the Indians could possibly be shopping the young outfielder, although I would think that'd be foolish.

Yeah, I asked that question yesterday and it sounded like we'd have to give up the farm. But it would be awesome to get both.

TH thinks the specifics of Rosenthal's column are bunk

Interesting:

I have serious doubts that the Brewers are offering both of those players for Sabathia, who can be a free agent after the season. In fact, I've been told by people connected to the organization that the Brewers wouldn't want to trade either for a pitcher who would leave as a free agent at the end of the season.
TH might be trying to defend his own reportage but he does spend a lot of time with the team. Smoke has been blown up in his direction before, however.

I hope TH is right, with a twist: I'd think I'd rather see LaPorta and Green than Gamel and Green

Archived