Brewer Fanatic

Drew Olsen piece on cost of outfitting Brewer players

2hoophead

That was actually interesting to read. I had always wondered how much some of the equipment cost and who financed it.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Isn't it kind of ridiculous how much the team provides for the players, considering their huge paychecks and don't they get all sorts of free food in the clubhouse too?

My kid works at Culvers for $7/hr and has to buy his own special, non-slip, work shoes, I think he's gotten two free uniforms in two years. He also gets one 1/2 price meal if he works an 8 hour shift.

Isn't it kind of ridiculous how much the team provides for the players, considering their huge paychecks and don't they get all sotrts of free food in the clubhouse too?

My kid works at Culvers for $7/hr and has to buy his own special, non-slip, work shoes, I think he's gotten two free uniforms in two years. He also gets one 1/2 price meal if he works an 8 hour shift.

the difference is that the players have a union and intrinsic skills. High-paid executives often get little perks (mileage to and from work, free lunch in the cafeteria, etc.). Your kid doesn't have the bargaining power MLB players do.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I use a laptop, phone, printer, and Blackberry every day for work but I don't pay for any of it - my employer does.

And just to be clear, I'm not in a union.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Your kid should watch out...to top it all I've heard Culver's has some real up-and-coming fry cooks in their system knocking on the door.

Anyway, interesting article. I seriously looked into becoming a clubhouse attendant a couple years ago but thought that I'd really end up hating the work itself, despite the cool atmosphere.

yeah im a lowly teacher in a non-union state and i received 7-8 different t-shirts and polos to wear to various events as well as food pretty regularly...

getting stuff with the job is pretty normal for nearly everyone..

Archived