Brewer Fanatic

Why was Gallardo a much better prospect than Inman?

danzig6767
Quote:
And what's with the 5'10" exaggerations/rationalizations

If someone is listed at 6', he's probably an inch to inch and a half shorter than that. Well at least it's that way in football, but may not be the case baseball now that I think about it. It's been a topic of discussion on the minor league forum a couple of times now, and since many people don't read that forum, this probably came out of the blue...

I never had a problem with Will, I just posted that knowing that Al and others would defend themselves in that regard.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I don't know about Inman's size but I do know the reason taller pitchers are preferable is because of the angle the hitter sees the ball is differant. If the ball comes toward the hitter on a downward angle it's harder to hit for some reason. At least that's the explaination I've heard.

Archived