Brewer Fanatic

Dillard optioned to Nashville, Stetter recalled

markedman5

I thought Stetter thought he was overused as to why he couldn't throw strikes. Either way with rookies the message should be loud and clear. No learning on the job. Either put up or go down. I agree with it. With the Cards and Cubs stumbling a bit the Brewers have top make some sort of move if they wish to get to October.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

I saw some young woman at the game on Sunday wearing an official Dillard jersey that looked tailored to her. I assume that must have been his wife/girlfriend, otherwise there is at least 1 huge Dillard fan that will be disappointed by this.

I'm happy to have Stetter back. I think he's a better bet to be successful in MLB this season. Dillard needs to find a strikeout pitch to complement the mid-90's heater he's found he can rev up when working in short max-effort stints. His k-rate in AAA was too low for me to expect any big league success at all when they called him up -- they should be glad they got some useful innings out of him.

On the other hand, I am quite alarmed that the bullpen is being handled in the fashion it is. Ned Yost's reluctance to use "unproven" relievers who struggled in their most recent performance in any situation other than the lowest of low leverage ones (i.e. total blowouts) might be hamstringing Melvin a bit on this issue, but his bullpen-related roster moves this season really do seem like they are being made based on knee-jerk, attention-span-of-a-gerbil style thinking.

To me, this is a disturbing trend.

Brando I'd imagine that some of that has to do with their expectations of what they can do is as low as yours. I don't think it out of the realm of possibility to think Melvin knows he needs some warm bodies but none are really ready so he tells Yost such. Yost in turn uses them sparingly because Melvin warned him this guy wasn't really ready and should only be used to save some of the other arms for more important work. I don't know if that is the case at all but it would seem to make sense since these guys are only here because of injury. Especially considering none of them are really all that high of prospects to begin with.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

LOL! I misread this yesterday and thought it said "Dillon." When I was watching the game, they showed him on the bench and my wife said, "I thought you said he was sent down."

Not only does one have to throw strikes, but one has to learn to read too...

Archived