Brewer Fanatic

6/20/08 Orioles (Liz) at Brewers (Suppan): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, that was anti-climatic. Sadly, I'd almost have rather Russell batted against the LHP. lol
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Does Hall have an option left?

Accoring to the roster page or wherever that is he has one left. I say use it and bring up Nelson. I know he's another lefty but Dillon can start at third.

24 runners left on base according to the box score?!?! That must be close to a major league record. I'm not surprised with all of the opportunities they squandered tonight. God, we're so dependent on the long ball. Great or even very good teams can score in a variety of ways.

I am not the first to say it but, Hall is the new Helms.

Pinch hitting Hall was the right move.

Expect Wes never asked to be traded. But then, we didn't abuse Wes like we have Bill. I mean, moving him around and trying to keep him in the line-up... how dare we
Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

I'm sorry, but I do not buy the argument that substituting Hall for Branyan was the right move with the bases loaded and the game on the line. Branyan has hit 4 homers in the last 5 games, his OBP is .405. Hall has had a downright awful approach to every single at bat for two months. Hall promptly swings at a couple pitches out of the zone and strikes out. The right move would to let the muscle hit his 500 ft homerun, draw a walk, or strike out. There's lots of reasons we lost this game, but that particular decision gets under my skin.

Career splits be damned, sometimes you gotta pay attention to what's been happening on the field.

EDIT: Just to emphasize how bad Hall's OBP is, he's sandwiched between Parra and TGJ on the team list. The only position player with a worse OBP is Hernan Irribarren.

24 runners left on base according to the box score?!?! That must be close to a major league record. I'm not surprised with all of the opportunities they squandered tonight. God, we're so dependent on the long ball. Great or even very good teams can score in a variety of ways.

It wasn't that many. You're looking at the one that counts LOB by each player instead of just how many were left on base after each half inning.

I'm sorry, but I do not buy the argument that substituting Hall for Branyan was NOT the right move with the bases loaded and the game on the line. Branyan has hit 4 homers in the last 5 games, his OBP is .405. Hall has had a downright awful approach to every single at bat for two months. Hall promptly swings at a couple pitches out of the zone and strikes out.

Career splits be damned, sometimes you gotta pay attention to what's been happening on the field.

EDIT: Just to emphasize how bad Hall's OBP is, he's sandwiched between Parra and TGJ on the team list. The only position player with a worse OBP is Hernan Irribarren.

Agreed. Hall has had a bad season and it only got worse when his agent asked for the trade. How much more untradeable can he get now with his contract and his current play?

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

It wasn't that many. You're looking at the one that counts LOB by each player instead of just how many were left on base after each half inning.

Alright. Nevertheless though, we had 10 more runners stranded than the Orioles using the same system. Main idea: It was a glaring issue tonight.

It was definitely a tough loss, but the Orioles have the best bullpen in the AL for a reason. Hopefully the Brewers can hit the O's starter hard again in Game 2 and avoid giving up 6 runs in the first 2 innings. I was pleased with how the Brewers never gave up even though Suppan had a horrible start, and they were extremely patient throughout the game. The LOB were tough to swallow (especially those last 3), but at least it's a sign that they're starting to get on base. Even Braun walked a couple times, didn't he? As long as they keep getting guys on base, the runs will eventually come.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Archived