Brewer Fanatic

6/20/08 Orioles (Liz) at Brewers (Suppan): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This should not be happening. I guess I just don't get this team. You play so well in a 3 game sweep against the best pitching staff in the AL in Toronto, and you come back with this kind of effort on a day that you KNOW the Cubs have already won. This team is so frustrating. Great, as if Suppan wasn't bad enough, we get to see the crap that is DeFelice on the hill. This should end well.

I hate it when drunken fairweathers boo a pitcher off the mound...especially considering how good he's been compared to what's expected of him. He just had a crappy game, big deal. No need to beat the guy up about it.

This should not be happening. I guess I just don't get this team. You play so well in a 3 game sweep against the best pitching staff in the AL in Toronto, and you come back with this kind of effort on a day that you KNOW the Cubs have already won. This team is so frustrating. Great, as if Suppan wasn't bad enough, we get to see the crap that is DeFelice on the hill. This should end well.

To be fair, the only Brewer playing really bad was Suppan. The bats came out swinging in the bottom of the first inning, and with the way Liz was controlling the ball in the first, I'd be surprised if they don't touch him up for a couple more runs before the night's out. If DiFelice can put up a few 0's, the Brewers might be able to crawl back into this one.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Yeah, I'm sure Soup just figured he'd take the night off.

He was competing, he just couldn't get it done. Credit Baltimore for hitting some decent pitches early, and denting Soup's approach a bit. He just wasn't able to control the edges, so he wasn't going to get calls out there. Then he had to come in, and the O's did what they needed to do. The Jays may well have popped so of those pitches up over teh past few says.

Archived