Brewer Fanatic

ESPN Cheapshot?

BrewBomber
Just a little bit ago when they were doing the highlights from the Brewers game...... They showed Overbay breaking up the no-no and said that the Brewers would have a reunion in 25 years to celebrate the almost no hitter.

They were referring to the fact it was Overbay, the guy traded for Bush, was the one that broke up the no-no. It was funny.

I figured they were referring to the fact that they held a reunion 25 years after they almost won a World Series.

It was a little dig, nothing big. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Funny? Yes. Cheapshot? Maybe, but does anyone outside of Wisconsin really know what they were talking about? I mean, do any of you guys pay attention to when other teams have such reunions? I sure as heck don't. My guess is that it went over most peoples head and got dismissed as typical ESPN babble. But for us Brewer fans it's pretty funny.

I didn't think it was a cheap-shot and I'm one of the bigger proponents of celebrating the '82 team. Wherever I live or travel, when it comes up I'm a Brewers fan, people want to talk about that team: people around the country really love(d) them, regardless of what happened in the end (and you'd be shocked how many people think they won it all that year...they've definitely outlived that year's champs--who were they again?-- in memory at least).

Anyway, tangent aside, no cheap-shot, but a friendly dig.

I miss Harold Reynolds.

NOOOOOOOOO!!! He HUGS people! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

This situation is strange -- I want to feel wronged, but at the same time:

1) As mentioned, no one outside of Brewers fans 'got' this

2) I reluctantly admit that I'm semi-impressed with this particular ESPN reference/dig

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

What you fail to realize is that every single person on Baseball Tonight is a flaming moron (with the exception of Buster Olney). I miss Harold Reynolds.

Honorable mentions of non flaming-moronicness go to Tim Kurkjian, Orel Hershiser and John Kruk.

Okay, I'm joking about Kruk - he's a spangle!

I think it's funny - and the shoe fits.

You sell what you've got, and the best thing we've had here, for 26 years now, is a team that almost got it done.

The next thing you know, you'll have the Cubs running out Ernie Banks, Billy Williams, Fergie Jenkins, and Ryne Sandberg all the time......heck, I'll bet they'll even make Ron Santo an announcer.

I felt is was inside joke type funny. However, ESPN should know the Brewers have already had a no-hitter.

Well I guess they've never watched an FSN Wisconsin broadcast because we constantly get reminded how Bill caught the no hitter.

Archived