Brewer Fanatic

6/19/08 Non Brewers IGT

I definitely love the momentum we have, but lets just hope we don't lay an egg this next series. To me we absolutely HAVE to have a good road trip next week. Hopefully we can hang tough with the Cubs and start chipping away at the lead.

I hate to sound all polly-Nedish, but even if the Crew falters on the road. It's still really early. Look at the standing from this time last year:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070620

Edit: Activated link.

I definitely love the momentum we have, but lets just hope we don't lay an egg this next series. To me we absolutely HAVE to have a good road trip next week. Hopefully we can hang tough with the Cubs and start chipping away at the lead.

I hate to sound all polly-Nedish, but even if the Crew falters on the road. It's still really early. Look at the standing from this time last year:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20070620

Edit: Activated link.

Yeah I agree it is early. My point is more that if we want to really be a contender, we have to improve on the road. I think that this is the perfect time to take some momentum on the road with us and start winning some road series. Sooner or later, we'll have to break out of our road funk or this great feeling we have now will disappear.

And also last year we were exactly tied with the Cubs in run differential at this point of the season. We are getting killed in that category as of now, NOT that it is an end-all statistic or anything, it just means that circumstances may be a little different. It really stings when you look at last year and see how easy we would have had it if we were a .500 road team.

Archived