Brewer Fanatic

6/19/08 Non Brewers IGT

This is the other side of Marmol that so many have been talking about. He doesn't throw strikes and once the league learns to sit on his pitches more that ERA is going up up up ala Turnbow (though Marmol is better than Turnbow don't get me wrong).

This is the other side of Marmol that so many have been talking about. He doesn't throw strikes and once the league learns to sit on his pitches more that ERA is going up up up ala Turnbow (though Marmol is better than Turnbow don't get me wrong).

Well this is probably a bit too extreme, however, I do hope that teams are going to start to figure him out. He can definitely be wild sometimes, but usually pulls it together before any real damage is done.

Well if the Rays can avoid giving up 6 runs in an inning (although that seems to be the thing to do today), it will have been a heck of a 3 day swing for the Crew. Don't know that you can ask for much more than getting a sweep and having the two teams ahead of you get swept. I guess it could get even better if Zambrano is out for awhile.

I definitely love the momentum we have, but lets just hope we don't lay an egg this next series. To me we absolutely HAVE to have a good road trip next week. Hopefully we can hang tough with the Cubs and start chipping away at the lead.

We just gained 3 games on the whole NL Central.

Cubs? Check. Swept by Tampa.

Cards? Check. Swept by KC.

Astros? Check. Swept by Baltimore.

Reds? Check. Swept by LA.

Pirates? Yep, them too. Swept by the Sox.

Fantastic game; they said on the Rays broadcast that Crawford's Grand Slam was only the Rays' second swing of that inning...this after a run had already scored. That it came against Marmol, who was laughing before he came on, was even better.

I love me a Cubs meltdown and the sadness and anger and disappointment on the faces of snowbird and transient and traveling Cubs fans who thought they were gonna "take over" an opposing team's stadium for three games but got swept out of town instead. The Rays' TV people obviously relished it, too--some great shots of the remaining Cubs fans who had the guts to stick around for the end (few and far between) and a great rant from DeWayne Staats.

living in Chicago, that game was ridiculously sweet. Marmol is filthy, but he does have a tendancy to put quite a few guys on when he's not feeling it. Usually it seems like he'll just strike the next 3 guys out and escape the jam. I was thrilled to see that that wasn't the case yesterday.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Archived