Brewer Fanatic

6/19/08 Bluejays (Burnett) at Brewers (Bush): 1:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

Yet I'll definitely tip my cap to Dave Bush. 1987 showed me that "it" can happen to the least likely of pitchers.

(And the bloom is now fully off my Lyle Overbay rose.)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I told my co-worker who is a big brewer fan about the no hitter in the bottom of the 7th, he was in a meeting so he did not know about it. Am I to blame?

Probably not. There was more than enough mention in the media, including representatives of the Brewers.

In other awesome pitching performance news, Grienke has 2-hit the Cardinals through 7 innings and the Royals are up 2-1 in the 8th inning. How awesome would it be if the Royals swept the Cards at Busch?

jsonline posted the story on their front page "Bush No-Hitter thru 7" That looks to be the Kiss of Death right now, they had no reason reporting that. Brian Anderson and Jim Powell are actually calling the game.

Well, that makes eight innings pitched, one walk, two strikeouts, two hits, one earned run. That's not a bad outing right there.

Now it's time for Ned to put in his schmuck-iest reliever (Tavarez would have been it two days ago) to get three outs in the ninth without giving up six runs.

Did they really just put their closer in down 8-1 on the road? Huh?

Looking at the replay of Fielder's HR, it looks like the umpire was running out to make sure it was jammed. Once Rios grabbed the ball, he could not call it a ground rule double. If Rios just leaves it, the umpire would have called a double.

All right. After further thought, if this was not to be, probably better (as in less bad) to have Lyle break it up than Pluckstein or Rolen, not to mention Kevin Mench or Matt Stairs. I am at a level of acceptance now.

All right. After further thought, if this was not to be, probably better (as in less bad) to have Lyle break it up than Pluckstein or Rolen, not to mention Kevin Mench or Matt Stairs. I am at a level of acceptance now.
I would have walked to Toronto to punch Gritstein in the face if he'd broken up a no-no bid by the Brewers.

wonder if Ned lets him out for the 9th. He is at 106 pitches.

I'd suggest whoever is getting sent down/out when Riske gets activivated comes in, no sense extending Bush or burning another BP arm.

I would have walked to Toronto to punch Gritstein in the face if he'd broken up a no-no bid by the Brewers.

You would be very disappointed, because he is in Milwaukee right now.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I'd suggest whoever is getting sent down/out when Riske gets activivated comes in, no sense extending Bush or burning another BP arm.

Tavarez was DFA'd, Riske is in the bullpen and actually warmed up today.

Riske was activated before today's game. Tavares was sent down.

Archived