Brewer Fanatic

6/19/08 Bluejays (Burnett) at Brewers (Bush): 1:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's still a "W".

Dillard wouldn't normally be in the majors right now anyway, and Riske was obviously rusty.

All that matters is Bush pitched well, the Cards lost putting the crew only two back in the WC, and they are also closer to 1st place than they are to last place right now.

another thought. how many times have the brewers blown a team out and had an easy day at the ball bark, then came out the next night completely flat?

maybe this will light a fire under their butts and they can come out with something to proove tomorrow night. hopefully they step their games up and go for another sweep against the orioles; instead of being happy with their good fortune as of late.

millerparksouth.

I am sorry to be snippy but this is a really sore subject for me. I just don't get why any true fan would ever chose to boo their home team. It makes 0 sense.

Considering the disparity of win/loss records home and away across the entire baseball league, and esp. for the brewers why fans boo at home is way beyond me. It is so obvious to me it's beyond discussion. Even in the bill hall situation, i mean yeah it upset me he said he didn't want to be a brewer, but booing him doesn't help.

Is the release of your anger/disappointment expressed in a boo really worth the chance of influencing the outcome of the game negatively?

If it is you aren't a true fan of the team.

another thought. how many times have the brewers blown a team out and had an easy day at the ball bark, then came out the next night completely flat?

maybe this will light a fire under their butts and they can come out with something to proove tomorrow night. hopefully they step their games up and go for another sweep against the orioles; instead of being happy with their good fortune as of late.

The Brewers did "step up their game" big time. A few Brewers had a really bad inning, but you use the 4 inch paint brush to trash them all.

This was a rough win, but we just pulled a sweep of a team with great pitching, at the same time that the Cards got swept (at Busch!) and the Cubs lost a series and, God willing, they might get swept tonight, too.

This could be a banner week for the Brewers.

maybe this will light a fire under their butts and they can come out with something to proove tomorrow night.

you still posting in here? thought you "called" the loss a few pages ago?

anyways, i hope this teaches the Crew not to give away at-bats when they're up 8.

maybe this will light a fire under their butts and they can come out with something to proove tomorrow night.

anyways, i hope this teaches the Crew not to give away at-bats when they're up 8.

What's funny is that a couple posters were hoping to get through the Brewers half of an inning to help aide Bush in his no-hit bid. I didn't disagree with them either.

This is a win and people should still enjoy it. Plus Riske got in a little in game action so that's a plus.

It doens't even feel like we won. I'll take but it just doesn't feel satisfying at all. Probably because I had my hopes up that Riske coming back would end the bullpen drama, but at least today it was much worse. Come on Dillard for cripes sake.

A no-hitter through seven, with an 8-0 lead - a loss would have been impossible to live down.

No doubt. Through the latter, scary innings I kept thinking, SportsCenter would have a field day (no pun intended) with this.

They probably will anyway, unless the sun still rose in Boston and New York, but at least at the end they'll have to say "The Brewers hold on."

Just for the record, I'm still glad that Tavarez is off the 25 man roster. He could every bit as easily had that kind of a 9th.

Finally, for all I care, Toronto can feel free to go on a tear now, starting with their next series at PNC.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Whoaaaaaaa. Forgive me for "calling" a loss. Since the majority of the people posting here today seem to believe in jinxs, have you ever heard of a "reverse jinx"????? Thats why I posted that, to turn things around; and look what happened!

In fact, because of you calling me out, I will forever stand by that my reverse jinx saved the game for the brewers. look back at my posts, ya jerk. i am one of the most positive posters on this site and my "call" shouldn't have been taken so seriously, so calling me out was not exactly called for.

you mad i'm still posting? too bad for you.

Afeter - I generally don't like booing either. It angers me when people boo Hall or when people booed Caballo when he came back. stuff like that doesn't make sense. The more I think about it, I don't know if I would have been booing in the 9th so much as I would have just been getting really frustrated.

That said, I did boo Yost quite heavily last weekend when he came out to finally get Tavarez after that disaster.

"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

A few things about the IGT today.

First, booing (unless directed at G.Sheffield) is dumb. Period.

Second, it's easy to be pessimistic. After all, you'll either be proved correct with a negative prediction, or your team will prove you wrong by winning. Win/win.

Finally, let's stop with the superstition surrounding a no hitter. We're adults, people, not 6 year olds believing in the tooth fairy and Santy Claus!

Unless it can be proved that Branyan is both (at this stage, I'm not sure he isn't!)

Archived