Brewer Fanatic

Zambrano leaves game with shoulder tightness. Update (post #81): Placed on 15-day DL, retroactive to 6/19

bobskube

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh boy...what if the Cubs and their fans got a taste of our bad medicine???

Oh please no. I don't wanna hear the Cubs fans talking about how they could have won it if they were healthy. I would rather have them lose the division, in the playoffs, or the World Series healthy than them losing it unhealthy.

I don't ever want to see injuries, not in my nature.

Dude, it's a shoulder injury that will affect the game of baseball. It's not a life threatening injury. Zambrano will be fine, and in the mean time I will be excited if it causes him to miss some work this summer.

All Brewer fans should be happy about this IMO.

Or caused by a baserunner sliding into first, thus slowing himself down.

No. Gallardo, for some reason, felt the need to try & jump over the slide, instead of just moving parallel with the 1B line... but this probably isn't going anywhere anyway.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Dude, it's a shoulder injury that will affect the game of baseball. It's not a life threatening injury. Zambrano will be fine, and in the mean time I will be excited if it causes him to miss some work this summer.

I don't agree with that but to each their own. I guess that's why I got Benedict as my avatar.

I don't agree with that but to each their own. I guess that's why I got Benedict as my avatar.

Why wouldn't you want to see the Cubs best pitcher miss time this season? If Zambrano misses time, the Brewers chances of going to the playoffs go up.

Why wouldn't you want to see the Cubs best pitcher miss time this season? If Zambrano misses time, the Brewers chances of going to the playoffs go up.

I would love to win against the best with no excuses. I guess if I had to compare it to something, I would bring up softball divisions. A lot of people like to win and hence go in the weakest division. I would rather lose but play against the best than do that. Again, everyone has different opinions but I remember how I felt after Yo's injury and how deflated the team looked. I know the injury is not life threatening but shoulder injuries could be career threatening or even altering.

People have been saying he looks injured for some time, his Ks have been down but his ERA has stayed good. Doesn't come as much of a surprise to me. As long as their chuckle head crappy pitchers keep dominating we don't stand much of a chance. If they revert to career norms there is still a window of opportunity.

I don't mind seeing a guy getting hurt--it's part of the sport. And being happy about it because it helps your own team out is fine in my book, too. But laughing at it is so not cool. I'm not going to sink down to that level. That is my choice. Those of you that want to ridicule and giggle about it, comeuppance is a nasty wench. Sure, we already lost Gallardo and that may prompt you to say that the Cubs had it coming, but now the onus it back on us.

I hope Mr. Zambrano has a healthy recovery. I hope it's not this year but I hope he does recover. I will not laugh at his being injured. Cubs fans that read this board, I feel for you.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

The start of the Brewers' slide last season went hand in hand with Sheets going down for significant time - I don't remember the Cubs or Cub fans hearkening back to that as one of the reasons why they overtook the Brewers, and frankly I'm tired of always hearing about how durable Zambrano has been compared to Sheets (justifiably so when factoring in all of Sheets' non-arm injuries)...

Because of that, and because of what little respect I have for Zambrano-king of all mound antics, that I hope his shoulder looks like hamburger.

Here Here!

Archived