Brewer Fanatic

6/18/08 Bluejays (Marcum) at Brewers (Sheets): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe Bush is due for a good game

3 of his last 4 starts have been quality starts, so it's not like he's been completely blown up, lately. I don't think a quality start at home against Toronto is an unreasonable expectation.

pffftt.. Counsell is from Whitefish Bay. Not really Milwaukee.

As a Bayside native, I take offense to that.

LOL. Man, WB is even more gangsta than you.

Whateva, I rode my bike all the way to Kopp's once.

Were the Blue Jays by chance Gibbonsed, or is Scott Downs more than a LOOGY? I don't really know much about him, or a lot of Blue Jays for that matter, but I was really surprised when they kept him in for Hart in the 7th.

From last night's IGT, I can pretty much cut and paste it:

SeriesFinale wrote:That Cubs loss last night was very satisfying on a number of levels:

1. Came minutes after a Brew Crew blow-out win

2. They lost to the Rays, who I consider my "second team" after growing up in Sarasota and attending dozens of games there.

3. The seemingly-season-long plotline for the Cubs--late-inning comeback powered by clutch/improbable hitting--did not come to fruition this time

4. Seeing all those snowbird-bandwagon Cubs fans going nuts at the Trop when the Cubs made it 3-2 on that passed ball made me sick and I relished the idea of them being quieted and sent home (or back to their hotels) disappointed. Yeah, I'm bitter.

And, we got the Zambrano meltdown we'd hoped for!

Hey,

Lyle Overbay listened when I asked him to GIDP. I knew he was a nice guy. And I also called the game-ending double play. That was satisfying.

10-4 on the hawing season ticket. I will not complain.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Enjoy this one tonight because tomorrow it's Bush vs. Burnett. Tough matchup for us. Maybe Bush is due for a good game

Bush has really only had that one bad start in his last 5 or 6. That and the fact that Burnett is really not all that great, I like our chances for a sweep. Lets get it done!

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I hadn't really paid attention until last night, but Toronto's offense is rather weak right now. With Hill on the DL, Wells just back, and still having some issues with his wrist, Rios slumping and Frank Thomas in Oakland, this just isn't the scary lineup they'd hoped to run out there.

When I saw Matt Stairs as the cleanup hitter last night, it got my attention.

Archived