Brewer Fanatic

Get Out and Vote - Write in the Muscle

eanelson4

I know this has somewhat been discussed earlier. BtA, if you think this is overkill, just go ahead and kill the thread.

We have multiple Brewers knocking on the doorstep of the All-Star game.

First of all, I just wanted to use this thread as a friendly reminder to all those who have not yet voted, hi-tail it over to MLB.com and get your 25 votes in (per email address that is, so feel free to be creative if need be http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif ) for these guys.

Secondly (but most importantly): REMEMBER TO WRITE-IN RUSSELL BRANYAN. You never know what can happen with the power of the muscle...

If Russell Branyan gets any write-in votes worth mentioning in the media, this site darn well better get some recognition for it, since I can pretty much put money down that 95% of those write-in votes came from us and his followers/worshipers/disciples on this board.

My guess, is he ends up with a few thousand write-in votes.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I wrote him in a few times at a game the Brewers last homestand. The funny thing is he already deserves it more than Hall, who is foolishly 5th in votes.

In all seriousness I'd love to see him in the HR Derby even though that would never happen. Imagine him hitting in Yankee Stadium with right field a mere 314 feet away from home...

Is the Home Run Derby limited to players already selected for the all-star game?

I believe it happened just last year with Ryan Howard. He wasn't selected to the all-star team, but being the defending champ probably got him special consideration (and being young and willing to participate).

ZZZ, i'm pretty sure that's why they didn't invite him. They'd be there all night waiting for him to make 10 outs.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

You could just make sure Russell bats last in every round, so that the derby could end once he got ahead of the second place dreamer.

Or they could allow everyone else to leave and then admit bf.netters to worship from up close instead of the usual afar.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

As much as I like the idea of writing in Branyan, I have to vote for Chipper, Utley and even a few votes for Berkman over Prince simply because I don't want to see Cubs players voted in there.

It's obvious most of the Cubs fans are simply voting for their team rather than voting for the most deserving players. I don't see any way Soriano, Fukudome and Soto aren't voted in, so if you don't want to see the Chicago Cubs trotting out 6 of the 8 starters, I think we need to make the votes count.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

There is no need to write in Russell... if he wishes to play in the ASG, it will be. I believe there are restrictions to him being in the home run derby, as he may accidently declare war on Canada, with NY being so close to there, and home runs becoming flying projectiles.

I believe there are restrictions to him being in the home run derby, as he may accidently declare war on Canada, with NY being so close to there, and home runs becoming flying projectiles.

You know, this would present quite a problem.

Another studly performance tonight by The Muscle

Archived