Brewer Fanatic

Hank Steinbrenner Rips NL

eanelson4
Hank is such an idiot. Who died and gave him the microphone, he is nothing but a fat shadow of his dad who did nothing to earn anyones respect and their tolerance of his comments. I personally like the Yankees and can not stand the Red Sox but every time Hank speaks the Red Sox look better and better in my book.

There is almost no noticable difference in strategy between the NL and AL anymore, there is no reason for the pitchers to be batting. The only strategy you add is whether or not to pinch hit for the pitcher in the middle innings and which PH's to use first and the majority of the time these are trivial choices.

I'll be very happy when the NL adapts the DH down the line and I'm almost sure they will do it eventually.

But the fact that there are additional choices means there is a noticeable difference in strategy. Strategy, any strategy (as evidenced on this board) adds to the thrill of the game. Yes, many times a pitcher may make an out, but he may also be called upon to bunt (another strategic move eliminated with the DH). Every once in a while the pitcher gets that crucial hit that he got a chance to get because he was shutting down the other team. How many times have we seen a pitcher do something like that and the crowd goes nuts. Having the pitcher hit adds a lot to the game. A DH dumbs it down IMO. Baseball is a game of strategy not just which team can hit the most home runs. The second guessing of a manager that happens so often here loses something--a lot or a little depending on your viewpoint--but it loses something none-the-less.

There is almost no noticable difference in strategy between the NL and AL anymore, there is no reason for the pitchers to be batting. The only strategy you add is whether or not to pinch hit for the pitcher in the middle innings and which PH's to use first and the majority of the time these are trivial choices.

I'll be very happy when the NL adapts the DH down the line and I'm almost sure they will do it eventually.

But the fact that there are additional choices means there is a noticeable difference in strategy. Strategy, any strategy (as evidenced on this board) adds to the thrill of the game. Yes, many times a pitcher may make an out, but he may also be called upon to bunt (another strategic move eliminated with the DH). Every once in a while the pitcher gets that crucial hit that he got a chance to get because he was shutting down the other team. How many times have we seen a pitcher do something like that and the crowd goes nuts. Having the pitcher hit adds a lot to the game. A DH dumbs it down IMO. Baseball is a game of strategy not just which team can hit the most home runs. The second guessing of a manager that happens so often here loses something--a lot or a little depending on your viewpoint--but it loses something none-the-less.

I hate the DH and am glad the Brewers are no longer in the AL, but there is little point in trying to debate this issue. For the most part, people either like the DH a lot or they hate it, minds rarely get changed on this issue.

Fans of AL teams for the most part want to keep the DH and i have no doubt if fans of NL teams were polled, the vast majority don't want the DH. I don't see the DH rule in either league changing anytime soon.

Archived