Brewer Fanatic

Braun v Fukudome - VOTE NOW FOR THE ALL-STAR GAME (merged with Braun 4th in All-Star voting)

Weirdos19
  • Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd bet that Hart will get in on the coaches' choices, which have nothing to do with the fan vote. Corey's exploits have certainly not gone unnoticed around MLB. Nearly every opposing announcing team (usually get the home announcing team w/Extra Innings) has gushed about him so far this season.

Of course the main obstacle to Hart getting there is that Hurdle is all but guaranteed to add Holliday, so you're already down one spot.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I think an argument can be made for guys other than Braun to start. But, I don't see an argument for why Fukudome should start over Braun, unless OBP and runs are all that matter. Braun has a better OPS, more hits, RBI's, HR, and even one more steal. Since, the debate is no longer Braun vs the field, but Braun vs Fukudome (and Griffey to a much lesser extent) I think we can unite in support for Braun. Maybe I am wrong though.

I'm going to spend the entirety of the Brewers' game tonight voting. I'd do it now, but it's too nice of a day outside to sit inside all afternoon voting. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I like Braun as much as the next guy, but I would suggest it is probably not worth the effort. The math just doesn't work when you consider the size of the Cubs fan base vs. that of the Brewers. Once those knuckleheads get wind that its close, they will be doing the same thing. There are just more of them then there are of us (not to mention the entire Japanese baseball fan population. F-bomb will in all liklihood be starting the ASG, whether or not Braun can overtake someone else, is I suppose another question.

Come on give the Brewers fans some credit. Didn't we get Jenkins in the All Star game a couple years ago through the fan vote? Don't underestimate us. I would hope all non- Brewers non-Cubs fans would also vote for Braun simply on the numbers. COnsidering most fans look at Ave, HR, and RBI's Braun would seem to have a pretty good edge. Also at the beginning of the year it was obvious Fukudome was a far superior defender, I don't know if that is the case anymore. WHen was the last bad play Braun made? Sure he plays to deep sometimes and can't get to balls other OF could but he rarely misjudges balls and he has even made several spectacular plays in recent memory including the the strike he threw this past Friday.

It's not just Cubs fans v. Brewers fans, though. I don't think there are many Japanese fans voting to get Braun in there. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Come on give the Brewers fans some credit. Didn't we get Jenkins in the All Star game a couple years ago through the fan vote?
Yes, that's true, and I do give the Brewer fans a lot of credit, but that's not the issue. In that instance the competition was Benito Santiago, Kenny Lofton, Orlando Cabrera, and Luis Castillo -- SF, PIT, MON, and FLA respectively. Not exactly the same as a Japanese player plaing in the second largest market in the country, with perhaps the largest fan base in the country. I think the Brewer fans should be commended for making it close where Bra is concernedun, because the numbers just don't support the mission.

I like Braun as much as the next guy, but I would suggest it is probably not worth the effort. The math just doesn't work when you consider the size of the Cubs fan base vs. that of the Brewers. Once those knuckleheads get wind that its close, they will be doing the same thing. There are just more of them then there are of us (not to mention the entire Japanese baseball fan population. F-bomb will in all liklihood be starting the ASG, whether or not Braun can overtake someone else, is I suppose another question.

Why bother voting at all, then. Most teams fan bases are bigger than the Brewers' fan base.

plaing in the second largest market in the country

Third largest. And half of that market is filled with people who hate the Cubs and would vote for Braun just to spite them.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

So can we start a campaign for Fielder to the ASG? He now deserves it more than Braun, and should have a decent shot, especially if Pujols is out.
No. Prince just played his way out of the all-star game and all it took was 7 bad games.

Yikes, he sure did. Guess I jinxed him or something.

Of course, Braun has plummeted since then too, but for some reason that doesn't seem to affect him the same way...

Archived