Brewer Fanatic

Braun v Fukudome - VOTE NOW FOR THE ALL-STAR GAME (merged with Braun 4th in All-Star voting)

Weirdos19

according to tim kerkjian:

Outfielders: Ryan Ludwick, Cardinals, Nate McLouth, Pirates and Pat Burrell, Phillies: Ludwick is another great success story, as he's improved from a fourth outfielder to an All-Star. I was told McLouth would have a breakthrough year. I didn't listen. Burrell is in the top 10 in slugging percentage and is in the top five in on-base percentage.

Reserves: Ryan Braun, Brewers, Aaron Rowand, Giants and Xavier Nady, Pirates.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So who goes from Washington, San Francisco, Colorado, San Diego? They all have lousy records but somebody has to go from each team.

Will Scott Rolen get another undeserving election at 3rd base? .. Oh wait he's in the AL now. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Jon Rausch may be the Nats only selection. Lincicum from the Giants. Cook from Colorado. Would that cut deserving pitchers?

Yes Sheets should go. Believe it or not Dempster should go. Regardless of your (overall) impression of him, (BTW he is 2-0 vs the Brewers) his numbers are good enough.

In my mind there are only 2 pitching locks - Webb and Volquez

I really don't care who goes as long as the NL wins the friggin game.

Washington-Guzman or Lannan I'd guess. Given Guzman's hitting .314 he's likely the one since Lannan has a losing record despite a sub 3.5 ERA

San Francisco- Rowand and Molina are both killing the ball. Linecum is of course an option

Colorado--Either Holliday or Cook though they might just take Fuentes.

San Diego--Adrian Gonzalez is hitting .295/.358/.557 with 18 HR and 60 RBI. Giles is having a good year at 37 but will unlikely be enough to break into the OF jam. Maddux has been very good but has a bad record. Heath Bell has been outstanding again but he's not a "Closer" so I'd guess Gonzalez

I'm not sure why Braun & Pence are so close in voting (within 3% of each other). Braun blew him away their rookie years. They have nearly identical BA & OBP, but Braun is killing him in HRs and OPS.

Dumpster and Sheets should be locks. They've got nearly identical statistics and only Webb, Volquez, and Lincecum have been better IMO (though you could include Hamels).

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

With no Bonds and with Soriano likely out, the OF field is wide open. Basically after Fuko and Griffey you have these guys competing for 5-7 spots:

Ludwick, Burrell, McLouth, Holliday, Bay, Dunn, Braun, Rowand, Church, Nady, Giles, and Hart

The only locks of that group that I see are Ludwick, Burrell, and McLouth. For the rest I think it will come down to the team they play for: how the team is doing and if the team is in need of a sole rep. Colorado is doing poorly, but they were in the WS last year, and I don't think that all of Atkins, Holliday, and Cook will get in. Same with SF - I don't think that all of Rowand, Molina, and Lincecum will get in. Same with the Mets - I don't think that all of Church, Wright, Santana, and Wagner will get in, and my guess is that with Church on the DL now he will not get in. Same with Pittsburgh - not all of McLouth, Bay, and Nady will get in.

My guess is Sheets and Braun. My guess is the OF reserves will be Ludwick, Burrell, McLouth, Braun, Holliday, and possibly a coin flip between Bay and Rowand.

C: McCann, Soto, Martin (only Dodger rep)

1B: Pujols, Gonzalez, Berkman (only Astro rep)

2B: Utley, Uggla

3B: Jones, Ramirez, Wright

SS: wide open - only lock is Ramirez, other depends on vote

OF: Fuko, Griffey, Ludwick, Burrell, McLouth, Braun, Holliday

SP: Volquez, Lincecum, Sheets, Webb, Hudson, Santana, Dempster

RP: Lidge, Wagner, Rausch (only WAS rep), Lyon, Wood

32 players, all teams represented. Fan final five will be Bay, Rowand, Peavey, Wellmeyer, and Zambrano

Sleeper - Carlos Marmol

Soriano is on the DL and is expected to be out 6 weeks, so he probably will be ineligible to play in the All-Star game. Thus if current voting holds Braun should be a starter in the OF for the NL

Griffey I can handle. The two from the team so vile that I shan't repeat their name here is a different story.

25 votes for Oooooooooooooverbay doesn't hurt eitherhttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Soriano is on the DL and is expected to be out 6 weeks, so he probably will be ineligible to play in the All-Star game. Thus if current voting holds Braun should be a starter in the OF for the NL

that's not how it works, though. If a guy gets elected to start but is injured, the manager (in this case, Clint Hurdle) gets to pick who the starter is from the members of the all-star team that were not elected to start. It does not automatically go to the guy in 4th place.

It may have ended up working out that way in the past, but if it did, it was sheer coincidence. My guess would be that if Holliday gets put on the team, Hurdle will go with his own guy as the starter. But who knows?

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I know I'm supposed to be a homer but it's hard to justify wanting a guy with a .316 OBP to start in the all star game. Then again, I don't agree with the 3 guys ahead of him, either. It just turns into a silly popularity contest, with the large markets getting a big advantage. Griffey might not even be average at this point in his career! 7 of the 9 starters in the AL may be from the Yankees or Boston!

Archived