Brewer Fanatic

6/17/08 Bluejays (McGowan) at Brewers (Parra): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just for a change, the next time a "non-standard" Brewers lineup is announced, can we please have a moratorium on either of the phrases "I just threw up in my mouth a little" and "game over".

It's getting really old and, from what I've seen, we tend to do pretty well anyway...

10.1 IP, 11 K, 0 BB. DiFelice is awesome.

Yet, he seems like the likely candidate to be sent down tomorrow with the activation of Riske. I would have to agree with TH in hoping that Tavarez is DFA'd instead. DiFelice seems to be the better option.

I think Russell Bunyan now owns the longest foul ball in Miller Park history.

For those of you who were part of Fan Fest 2007...I'm almost positive Russell's foul landed in the section we sat in that night. Again, I say, Wow!

And with this long ball showcase coinciding with Little League Night, imagine how many Wisconsin kids are going to bed tonight dreaming of hitting home runs - like Russell, like Ryan, like Prince, and yep, like Craig. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif I just hope their coaches don't let them forget about small ball.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I think Russell Bunyan now owns the longest foul ball in Miller Park history.

For those of you who were part of Fan Fest 2007...I'm almost positive Russell's foul landed in the section we sat in that night. Again, I say, Wow!

And with this long ball showcase coinciding with Little League Night, imagine how many Wisconsin kids are going to bed tonight dreaming of hitting home runs - like Russell, like Ryan, like Prince, and yep, like Craig. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif I just hope their coaches don't let them forget about small ball.

I was at the game vs. New York last year when Glavine was going for win #300. After getting plunked in one inning, Prince comes back the next and hits 2 foul balls in one at bat to deep right, just foul, and into the terrace level. Then he ripped a double. Crazy at bat.

Yeah it's going to suck having DeFelice or Dillard get sent down to make room for Riske while that waste of roster space Tavarez remains with the team. Prove me wrong, Doug. Ditch Tavarez.

Yeah it's going to suck having DeFelice or Dillard get sent down to make room for Riske while that waste of roster space Tavarez remains with the team. Prove me wrong, Doug. Ditch Tavarez.

I remember the same things being said about McClung not so long ago.

That Cubs loss last night was very satisfying on a number of levels:

1. Came minutes after a Brew Crew blow-out win

2. They lost to the Rays, who I consider my "second team" after growing up in Sarasota and attending dozens of games there.

3. The seemingly-season-long plotline for the Cubs--late-inning comeback powered by clutch/improbable hitting--did not come to fruition this time

4. Seeing all those snowbird-bandwagon Cubs fans going nuts at the Trop when the Cubs made it 3-2 on that passed ball made me sick and I relished the idea of them being quieted and sent home (or back to their hotels) disappointed. Yeah, I'm bitter.

Archived