Brewer Fanatic

Most Annoying Commercials Played During Brewer Games

Beast Light
Yes, that is John McGivern in the Cedar Crest Ice Cream radio spots. I work in the high rise attached to The Rep, so I see those posters all the time. He used to be on WKLH's morning show all the time, not sure if he is anymore (have not listed to KLH in years). I think this is the second year that he has had is "Midsummer Night McGivern" show at the Rep. Seems like a nice enough guy, but I'm not really sure who is going to see those shows or how he became such a local celebrity.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One that I don't hate but it is Ironic? May be the wrong word for it. It is the Miller commercial where the guy goes to the sky box at the game and when no-one knows the score he takes back the beer. Good stuff except for his line where he talks about his favorite pitcher "getting lit up, take him out, take him out". Look through the glass, all the fans are cheering which would lead you to believe that he is in a visitors stadium. Then he goes out and happily joins all the fans as if they are on the same team. For a commercial that is about being "genuine about baseball" they should have got it right...or maybe I think too much.

Also love this commercial. Every time we sit in the club level I call it section La Ti Da!

"you gotta callllllll Tyroneeee... CALL HIM! So you can get your roll on... ROLL ON, ROLL ON!" Everytime I see that commercial I crack up... I mean what demographic could they possibly be targeting (cough cough trying to take advantage of) there????

Also, I find it funny that when they introduced the Mexican sausage a few years back... they thought it'd be a great idea to name him "CINCO." I mean, come on... FIVE? That makes me laugh too. I mean, you couldn't pick some generic ethnic/latino name or some pun for chorizo like they did for the other four sausages. Since it was obviously a gimmick to try to increase the latino fanbase I'm surprised the marketing department would just relegate the name to a number. It's like a that-is-so-obvious case of subliminal messaging: all you are is another number tacked on to our attendance which is another number tacked on to our revenue.

... just two spots I find comical that have been in the back of my head for a while.

" Also, I find it funny that when they introduced the Mexican sausage a few years back... they thought it'd be a great idea to name him "CINCO." I mean, come on... FIVE? That makes me laugh too. I mean, you couldn't pick some generic ethnic/latino name or some pun for chorizo like they did for the other four sausages. Since it was obviously a gimmick to try to increase the latino fanbase I'm surprised the marketing department would just relegate the name to a number. It's like a that-is-so-obvious case of subliminal messaging: all you are is another number tacked on to our attendance which is another number tacked on to our revenue.

I always thought Cinco was a reference to Cinco de Mayo. But I could be wrong.

" Also, I find it funny that when they introduced the Mexican sausage a few years back... they thought it'd be a great idea to name him "CINCO." I mean, come on... FIVE? That makes me laugh too. I mean, you couldn't pick some generic ethnic/latino name or some pun for chorizo like they did for the other four sausages. Since it was obviously a gimmick to try to increase the latino fanbase I'm surprised the marketing department would just relegate the name to a number. It's like a that-is-so-obvious case of subliminal messaging: all you are is another number tacked on to our attendance which is another number tacked on to our revenue.
I always thought Cinco was a reference to Cinco de Mayo. But I could be wrong.

You know Cinco de Mayo means "Fifth of May", right?

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

You know Cinco de Mayo means "Fifth of May", right?

Umm, yes. But thanks for being really condescending. My point was that the name Cinco wasn't chosen because they wanted a Latin sausage and just lazily translated it's number to Spanish. I was simply commenting that Cinco has a cultural meaning, and that was why it was chosen.

Also, I find it funny that when they introduced the Mexican sausage a few years back... they thought it'd be a great idea to name him "CINCO." I mean, come on... FIVE? That makes me laugh too. I mean, you couldn't pick some generic ethnic/latino name or some pun for chorizo like they did for the other four sausages. Since it was obviously a gimmick to try to increase the latino fanbase I'm surprised the marketing department would just relegate the name to a number. It's like a that-is-so-obvious case of subliminal messaging: all you are is another number tacked on to our attendance which is another number tacked on to our revenue.

... just two spots I find comical that have been in the back of my head for a while.

Eh, I think you're reading way too much into it. I don't really see any pattern among the other sausage's names...the Italian is really the only one that falls into the "generic ethnic name" category, and all of them sound like hastily made-up names that were just picked to fit into the song.

The one ad I hate the most (more so than all the other garbage ones that everyone else rattled off) is the "Are you living the HARLEY life" ones. Again I dunno if these are on during the games or just WSSP, but god awful.

"You in the closet?!" Maybe I'm overthinking this, but it sounds like a blatant homosexual reference even though the guy is into Harley Motorcycles

The other ad they had going was telling a guy he was "On Harley life support" even though he was going to one of Harley's biggest motorcycle rallies of the year instead of seeing the Love Monkeys (or whatever stupid cover band) play in a parking lot during some sale. Shouldn't anyone associated with Harley support going to Sturgis? I dunno, I don't own a motorcycle, infact I'm scared to death of them, but to me it doesn't make sense.

The other thing that bothers me is that Harley and Miller are the two biggest companies in Milwaukee, and Harley is ripping off Miller's ad campaign. The Harley commericials get me so hot and bothered I'd seriously like to punch the Harley Life guy, and the guy who decided it was a good idea to rip off a great ad campiagn by Miller. Vomit. [/rant]

Archived