Brewer Fanatic

Most Annoying Commercials Played During Brewer Games

Beast Light

I believe that this is a topic worth discussing. What are the most annoying commercials that are played during Brewer games ..radio or TV? The commercials that annoy me the most are:

Schneider International (radio) - The one that particular annoys me is the one with this paraphrased quote "Those major league players sure make some good coin. You wanna know who else does good for themselves ..Schneider truck drivers ...you can earn up to $35,000 in your rookie year ..who knows, you may even get a sign on bonus!"

Cedar Crest Ice Cream (radio) - The guy that does these commercials is just over the top. I can only imagine what he looks like...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That McDonald's commercial is annoying. Also, I hated the entire line of the "More Taste League" commercials for Miller Lite. Those commercials did not make sense, they were not clever and they were not funny. They were incredibly awkward and actually made me embarrassed of the fact that I drink Miller Lite.

Maybe I wouldn't have found that McDonald's iced coffee commercial so annoying if they hadn't played it like 10 times a game. I could probably handle it one or two times but for about a month I swear they played it like 10 times a game.

Good Feet Store... those former players just sound painfully akward hawking that product

Minnesota programming... annoying reminder of DirecTV's resistance to acknowledge FSNWi as a full-time channel

"Come cheer on the Brewers, the team that loves to win!!!"

Dumb, just plain dumb.

The one that gets me is the one where the car dealer is peddling his autistic son Spencer to buy a car from him. I taped it after I saw it after being so disgusted and surprised by the brashness of it.

Some of the Miller Lite ones lately are really silly. The beer heaven commercial is pretty lame. I would sure hope that "beer heaven" has better stuff than that.

Speaking of beer commercials, these are awesome:

I just watched. Those commercials rock!

Another line of commercials that annoys me are the ones for Midwest Airlines. The lady that claims that she actually looks forward to flying when she is flying Midwest is a liar.

This quote from the current commerical annoys me beyond belief .."With all the little extras like chocolate chip cookies baked on board"

This annoys me for the following reasons:

- That is the only "extra" that they provide

- The whole cookie thing is getting old and is not a deciding factor when choosing an airline, they play it up way too much

- They make it sound like Aunt B is in a kitchen in the back of the plane baking chocolate chip cookies using a secret recipe or something

In all actuality, the "baking on board" process is probably more similar to microwaving than baking ....Has anyone actually seen this process?

Cedar Crest Ice Cream (radio) - The guy that does these commercials is just over the top. I can only imagine what he looks like...

I would bet a sizable amount of money this guy does them:

http://www.johnmcgivern.com/images/TicketDiscount.jpg

I am sick of the German Language Usinger spots on WMLW games, and all the lottery commercials, radio or TV

I, for one, cannot stomach
spot. The mute button comes in real handy here.

You guessed it, I cant stand rap.

I don't like that commercial either. Actually, there is one part I like about it. When the guy in the back providing the beat just stops the beat and says he forgot his wallet. Makes me laugh everytime.

I hate that spot where the kids are talking like they just got mangled in a car accident and I do not like the in-game 'baseball brought to by Kohls."

Amen on both counts.

The main reason I dislike the DOT car accident spot is because a colleague of mine is married to a Josh, and every time this airs I imagine this very nice couple being mangled in a car accident. I suppose if it opens someone's eyes and prevents an accident someday, it'll be worthwhile, but I personally don't need this kind of reinforcement to make me realize it's inadvisable to speed in construction zones.

I can only believe that many of us here hate that baseball is now "presented by Kohl's," and specifically that Bob and Jim are required to remind us of it at the end of every half inning by inserting the phrase into the score update. Boooooo.

If this intrusion is still in place by the time the Brewers clinch a playoff berth, I would be even happier if Bob or Jim left the phrase out when they announced the triumphant winning score. Because how wrong does this sound with the phrase included: "The final score - baseball presented by Kohl's! - your National League Central Champion Milwaukee Brewers 7, the Chicago Cubs 2."

If this ever comes to pass and Bob skips the phrase and gets in trouble for it, I will contribute to paying his fine or whatever. Kohl's, you could find another way to 'present' baseball.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I hate the one where the Cop pulls over his buddy and gives him a ticket for no seatbelt...mostly because it is played over and over and over and...

Absolutely. Bad acting, totally cheesy, not funny at all. And it is played it seems like every inning. I cannot stand that commercial.

I understand that Kohl's is paying big bucks for this, but man...how about at the end of every inning rather then every 1/2? Please. I'm starting to consider walking into my local Kohl's an randomly announce that my shopping is being sponsored by Visa.

Archived