Brewer Fanatic

6/15/08 Twins (Baker) at Brewers (McClung): 1:05 PM CDT

hawing

I'm not over last night's game, but as a fan I'll step up.

The Sunday lineup per JS Online:

2B Hernan Iribarren

RF Gabe Kapler

LF Ryan Braun

1B Prince Fielder

3B Russell Branyan

CF Mike Cameron

C Jason Kendall

SS Craig Counsell

RHP Seth McClung

Come on, Big Seth! Be the stopper.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Yeah, except that was the crappiest all-around result of the homestand to date.

Ah, Jim Powell just finished the "Brewers Rewind" on the radio with Bob's call of the Russell shot from last night. Sigh.

And as I type this, JP reports that the roof is opening up. So go figure.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Anybody have McClungs stats as a starter?
Coming into today: 4 starts, 2-2, 21.2 IP, 4.57 ERA, 21 hits, 11 runs all earned, 3 HR, 7 BB (2 intentional) 14 K, 1 HBP.

Walks & strikeouts are down from when he was a reliever, ERA is up.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Anybody have McClungs stats as a starter?
Coming into today: 4 starts, 2-2, 21.2 IP, 4.57 ERA, 21 hits, 11 runs all earned, 3 HR, 7 BB (2 intentional) 14 K, 1 HBP.

Walks & strikeouts are down from when he was a reliever, ERA is up.

Thanks. I thought it would have been a bit better than that. Atlhough, he did have a couple of bad innings. Either way has done a pretty solid job. The reversal of McClung/Villy has really been productive.

Thanks. I thought it would have been a bit better than that.

Keep in mind that one of those starts was 6 ER, 8H, 6BB. In his other three, he's been great.

Indeed. That is a stats skewer right there. His other starts were: 1) 5 IP, 4 hits, 2 ER, 4K (W), 2) 6 IP, 6 hits, 1 ER, 4 K (W), 3) 6 IP, 3 hits, 2 ER, 1 walk, 5 K (L).

Maybe we should have pinch hit with Seth last night!
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Is it Jose Hernandez bobblehead day?

If it were, we'd have stopped sending batters to the plate by now to avoid setting Scott Baker's career high in K's.

Baker is not a bad pitcher. He's probably better than everyone the Brewers have active other than Sheets and Suppan.

In game scoreboard update: CHC 7 TOR 1 (B7) STL 5 PHI 1 (T5)

At some point you have to be closer to even second place than last. Got to get it done this afternoon.

Archived