Brewer Fanatic

Should guys wear Crocs?

The Active 33
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a red and white pair that I got for free at a Badger game once. I probably would wear them because they were free and comfortable if I didn't already have really comfortable $5 Birkenstock knock-offs. I guess I just fail to understand why everyone's so concerned with how they look, let alone how their feet look. Obviously, they're a bad call for formal settings, but anything else like catching a ballgame, hanging out, whatever, I don't see the problem.

P.S. Whoever said sweatpants aren't socially acceptable....why not? Also, I rarely comb my hair and I think I'm a functioning member of society (could be wrong, though). And I know plenty of people who don't shave who are also functioning members of society. Your point seems pretty sketchy.

• 1 month later...
FWIW, I wear sandals with socks sometimes. Apparently you're not supposed to do that. I have no idea why, and nobody has ever been able to explain it to me.

I kinda thought the whole point of wearing sandals was to let your feet air out, let them breathe.

I've never understood the fascination with crocs. I've tried on a pair and I didn't think they were that comfortable. It also seems like they would really make your feet sweat. Sandals are another story. The problem is just finding a decent pair. I have this pair of adidas ones that are comfy. I dunno...I usually just wear shoes and rock the sock tan all summer.

I've never understood the fascination with crocs. I've tried on a pair and I didn't think they were that comfortable. It also seems like they would really make your feet sweat. Sandals are another story. The problem is just finding a decent pair. I have this pair of adidas ones that are comfy. I dunno...I usually just wear shoes and rock the sock tan all summer.
Sorry, I was on vacation without internet access when this threat first came out, so sorry for chiming in so late.

I agree exactly with what JumpinMacFlash said above. I didn't even know that they were called Crocs until about 6 or 7 months ago. I think the first time I saw someone wearing them I had to do a double take. They struck me as some cheap toy like shoes that you would buy in a $1 store. I also started wondering if the person wearing them was foreign or something. I'm just scratching my head on how they became such a big rage. I just don't understand how they can be comfortable or how they could possibly make your feet sweat less. They are made of rubber, right? I never thought of rubber as being breathable.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

my wife said that an entire team entered the Olympic Stadium wearing Croc's. I don't know if that's true or not--didn't see it.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived