Brewer Fanatic

6/14/08 Twins (Perkins) at Brewers (Suppan): 6:05 PM CDT

hawing
  • Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who should they have brought in?

We have three replacement level pitchers in our bullpen. No manager could win with that garbage.

Then why are they on the team?

That's why I said the GM needs to be shown the door, too. The window of opportunity will close by no later than 2009 for this group, and we can't afford to blow seasons. We already blew one because the manager is an idiot, and now we're going to blow one because the manager is an idiot and the GM doesn't know how to fill a major-league roster.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Who should they have brought in?

We have three replacement level pitchers in our bullpen. No manager could win with that garbage.

Exactly! Brewer fans have become embarrassing. I always have a rough time digesting the mismanaged bullpen stuff I read on here. I think this message board would manage it far worse.

The bullpen is terrible so it's obviously Ned's fault.

At least pretend like it isn't terrible and bring in someone for the pitcher who's getting his clock cleaned out on the mound. It's not like anyone in the pen could've been any worse than Tavarez; no harm in taking the chance that one of them might be better.

but, hey our hitters all took good approaches at the plate and just came up short in extra innings.

And our defense kept us in these games, too. Well, except for the 25 unearned runs the Twins scored.

On the bright side, the run in the ninth was the impetus for getting Branyan in the game, because there's no way Yost makes that move in a tie game.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Then why are they on the team?

That's why I said the GM needs to be shown the door, too. The window of opportunity will close by no later than 2009 for this group, and we can't afford to blow seasons. We already blew one because the manager is an idiot, and now we're going to blow one because the manager is an idiot and the GM doesn't know how to fill a major-league roster.

Starting to agree with this. Of course Melvin won't fire Yost. If he does then his seat will start to get hot.

Community Moderator

I can't blame Yost for tonight's game. Corey Hart's mistake was clearly the killer. Fielder's homer missed by 2 inches.

It's going to be one of the worst losses of the season. It happens. I'm as ticked as everyone else, but when you only have one above-average, dependable pitcher in your bullpen (Torres), you are going to lose close games frequently. And we will keep losing games. I hope Yost gets fired so the new guy can deal with this bullpen. The result will be the same--too many close losses to handle.

You honestly think the window will close by 2009?

By 2009 we could be adding Salome, Gamel, and LaPorta to a lineup that already has Fielder, Braun, and Hart.

We might have the most powerful team in baseball if those players continue to progress as they have in the past.

So window closed by 2009, not likely at all.

Yost didn't have many choices there, but I would have brought in DiFelice right after he got the first out. Figure that's the best you're going to get from him, don't put him in the position of still having to throw strikes, and hope the new guy who the Twins haven't seen can get it done.

Probably no differnce, but timing can be everything.

The bullpen is terrible so it's obviously Ned's fault.
At least pretend like it isn't terrible and bring in someone for the pitcher who's getting his clock cleaned out on the mound. It's not like anyone in the pen could've been any worse than Tavarez; no harm in taking the chance that one of them might be better.

But if Yost brings in Mota to start the inning and he blows up you know for sure there would be people on here complaining about Ned putting Mota in. People were going to blame it on him no matter what. In the end it comes down to the players performing.

You honestly think the window will close by 2009?

By 2009 we could be adding Salome, Gamel, and LaPorta to a lineup that already has Fielder, Braun, and Hart.

We might have the most powerful team in baseball if those players continue to progress as they have in the past.

So window closed by 2009, not likely at all.

Maybe I'm just not smart enough, and I admittedly don't follow the minor leagues really at all, but if these guys are so good, why aren't they on the team right now? It's not like this team is flawless or not at all in the need of help.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

But if Yost brings in Mota to start the inning and he blows up you know for sure there would be people on here complaining about Ned putting Mota in. People were going to blame it on him no matter what. In the end it comes down to the players performing.

No. Not really. Tavarez obviously had nothing left. There were other pitchers available, correct? Then he had other options, any of which better than the one he made. This is on Ned for keeping Tavarez in to blow it.

But if Yost brings in Mota to start the inning and he blows up you know for sure there would be people on here complaining about Ned putting Mota in.

People were going to blame it on him no matter what. In the end it comes down to the players performing.

Even the best players in baseball will/can not perform well every single time. It's up to the manager to detect this and make changes accordingly to minimize the damage. There was no evidence of Ned doing that when he left Tavarez out there while he promptly loaded the bases.

But if Yost brings in Mota to start the inning and he blows up you know for sure there would be people on here complaining about Ned putting Mota in.

People were going to blame it on him no matter what. In the end it comes down to the players performing.

Even the best players in baseball will/can not perform well every single time. It's up to the manager to detect this and make changes accordingly to minimize the damage. There was no evidence of Ned doing that when he left Tavarez out there while he promptly loaded the bases.

Mota has been bad his last few outings. If he came in and blew it there would be plenty of people saying "Ned should know that Mota hasn't been sharp lately, this is on him."

Mota has been bad his last few outings. If he came in and blew it there would be plenty of people saying "Ned should know that Mota hasn't been sharp lately, this is on him."

The fact that Tavarez wasn't sharp THE PREVIOUS INNING should have trumped the fact that Mota hasn't been sharp lately. Tavarez couldn't even get through the bottom half of the Twins' bad order. How was he going to get through Mauer and Morneau?

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Archived