Brewer Fanatic

6/14/08 Twins (Perkins) at Brewers (Suppan): 6:05 PM CDT

hawing
8.5 GB

Who cares?

They weren't going to catch the Cubs anyway.

And you know this because??? Look, I don't give a rats behind what the #s say or what the %'s are, but one thing I do know, the Cubs are not as good as their record. They are no way the best team in baseball. Do you really and truly believe that Ryan "gas can" Dumpster will pitch this way all year, or that they will continue to win games by getting HBP with the bases loaded?? Or Reed Johnson(who is terrible against righties) homering off the best righty in the AL in Roy Halliday?? At the end of the day they are still the Cubs and the baseball gods will have their say before this is done. Oh yeah and still 10 games head to head vs. the Cubs. 7 at MP I might add.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator
And you know this because??? Look, I don't give a rats behind what the #s say or what the %'s are, but one thing I do know, the Cubs are not as good as their record. They are no way the best team in baseball. Do you really and truly believe that Ryan "gas can" Dumpster will pitch this way all year, or that they will continue to win games by getting HBP with the bases loaded?? Or Reed Johnson(who is terrible against righties) homering off the best righty in the AL in Roy Halliday?? At the end of the day they are still the Cubs and the baseball gods will have their say before this is done. Oh yeah and still 10 games head to head vs. the Cubs. 7 at MP I might add.
They can trail off. We still won't catch them.

Lets say the Cubs go 47-46 the rest of the way (about .500). The way they are playing, this is quite a stretch to think that they would go from .638 baseball to .500, but if they get unlucky like you think they will, it could happen. That would give the Cubs 91 wins.

In order for the Brewers to catch them, they would have to go 56-39. That's a .636 winning percentage, about the same as the Cubs are right now.

Do you really think we will get as "lucky" as the Cubs have been?

That's a home run. Get it right, umps. Make up for that Dimitri Young call a few weeks back.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

when you think of how long Prince watched that ball fly plus his motioning while running the bases, its quite possible he could have come home regardless if he was running from the get go

Archived