Brewer Fanatic

Metrodome Roll Call

As we are set to begin the next 9 game home stand tomorrow, it is time to begin to think about the next long road trip coming up. No, this is not a prediction thread of what the Crew will do at the end of the month. Lets enjoy the home stand first!

So how many of you Brewerfan.netters are attending the games in Minneapolis? Please give a show of hands! How big of a Brewer crowd tends to show up there for the annual series?

With that in mind, my family (wife, 2 kids, and the inlaws) are going to attend all three games of the series over the weekend of 27th-29th of June. We are staying downtown at the Best Western Normandy Inn which is blocks from the Metrodome. I think we are sitting in the left field bleachers for game one, the upper deck behind home plate for game two, and in the right field family section for game three.

This is the first time I have attended anything at the Metrodome, so as an aside thought, where is a good place to go to catch a good burger and a beer before the game and "mingle" with Brewers fans in the area of the Metrodome?

Ok. I lied. I will make a prediction. Brewers win 1 of 3. My road record isn't very good over the years......

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be there for the Saturday night and Sunday afternoon games. We're sitting in the Home Run Porch in LF for both of them.

How big of a Brewer crowd tends to show up there for the annual series?

It's a pretty significant crowd. I was there last year for the Saturday night game (day before Prince's inside-the-park homer) and there were several times where the crowd was in a chant war. And at least half of those times, "Let's Go Brewers!" won the competition.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

I'll be there on Saturday and Sunday, stuck in the lower deck left field foul territory. Sightlines there are horrible.

The Brewers will probably win on that Friday. I'll be watching at home. (McClung should be pitching. I want to see him pitch. I can't get the day off.)

I'm really hoping I'll be there for either the Saturday or Sunday game in the HR porch in left field, not sure though. I don't know anyone that likes the stadium, but I've never been there and I'm more than willing to see a MLB stadium I never have before. Plus I was 2-0 on the road last year http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

One great thing the Ushers do. They dont let you go back to your seat until the AB is over.... LOVE THAT! (course I had to watch Jenks' GS from the aisle.

I agree. For as crappy as the Metrodome is, the ushers are cool. They know when to be stingy (during ABs), and when to be laid-back. When the game was pretty much over and all the Twins fans in front of us left, all the Brewer fans ran up to the front row seats. The usher was propped up on a couple chairs, looked over at us, smiled, and looked away. Very cool.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

I'll be there Friday and Saturday night most likely just in general admission. I should have a rather large group of friends with me as I had last year. As for Twins : Brewers ratio, I'd say it was maybe 7 : 4. The Brewers fans really made their presence felt last year, Jenks granny, Fielder ITPH.

There was a pretty cool bar I believe at Seven Corners with lots of outdoor seating space and foosball and pool inside where many Brewers fans congregated after the Saturday game last year. I can't find the name of the place but I'm sure it was at Seven Corners.

One great thing the Ushers do. They dont let you go back to your seat until the AB is over.... LOVE THAT! (course I had to watch Jenks' GS from the aisle.

YES!! Agreed. They need to do this at Miller Park. I will be very disappointed if they don't do this WHEN the Crew is in the playoffs this year.

I am so sick of the drunks getting up, stumbling in front of me, to go get another beer that they obviously don't need, while Braun or Prince is in the middle of an AB.

Sort of on the same topic here...

I'm wondering how attendence will be effected this weekend by all the rain we've had. How many of those Twins fans are still going to make the trip over?

My Dad was supposed to be coming over for tonight and tomorrow's games, he lives over by LaCrosse, but he's not now.

I guess a portion of I94 is still closed down?? He doesn't see very well anymore, so he doesn't want to chance driving into a lake or something.

I'll be there Friday night, sitting behind the Twins dugout somewhere close to the field. Also, thinking about going on Sunday if I can. Figured I would just bus down from my apartment and find someone selling tickets or something.

Anybody else sitting behind the Twins dugout near the field?

Since this thread got bumped up a bit, I think Lukevan mentioned a place to get a bite to eat downtown. Where is a good place to mingle at a family friendly restaurant/pub before the game? As mentioned, we are staying downtown 4 blocks from the Humpty Dome at the Best Western Normandy Inn (on 8th Street).

Archived