Brewer Fanatic

What about Corey Hart?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing about Sheets is, if we can't afford to buy a #1 starter as a free agent, then we can't afford Sheets. He essentially is a #1 starter as a free agent at this point.

Gallardo, I'm sure the Brewers will push hard to get him signed, but I would imagine they want to see a complete recovery from the injury first, he's so many years away from free agency, that's the approach I'd take.

I would expect Hart to sign, I don't know anything about it, but he's obviously a talent worth keeping, and he's got kids, etc, which would make me think he'd want to get something locked in.

Melvin has made Hart one multi year offer that was turned down. Talks are continuing.

What about the talks for Adam Dunn? Are those still going on? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

ILuvDaBush wrote:
I think the Brewers should wait until they know exactly what Corey is going to be, both offensively and defensively.
They didn't with Braun.
With Braun, he was moving from 3B to a considerably easier position in left for the foreseeable future. The same was said of Hall, when he moved from shortstop to centerfield and now 3B. If you were going to move the opposite way on the defensive spectrum, you would expect the payout to increase. And as long as Corey isn't struggling to feed his children, I don't see the problem with going to an arbitrator once to argue Corey's worth. Remember, and this deals more with Prince than with Corey, if not for the Phillies lowballing Ryan Howard (attempting to assert his value was "only" $7mil when the previous year, Miggy Cabrera was awarded $7.7mil), there would be no rush to sign pre-arby and first-time arby eligible players.

Archived