Brewer Fanatic

6/13/08 Twins (Slowey) at Brewers (Bush): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bill Hall reminds me of Wesley "Willie Mays Hayes" Snipes... he thinks he's way better than he actually is.

Actually, he was pretty darn good when he stopped popping the ball up and making basket catches. Maybe Billy needs to do some push ups.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Well, no ground lost or gained as the Cubs and Cards (eventually) both lose.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Brewer Fanatic Staff
Well, the Brewers only trail the flawed Cards and young Marlins for the wild card. If you choose to disregard that, then you may as well be watching the 2002 Brewers.
Last I checked, the Brewers had pretty much failed to establish themselves as being better than either of these teams. Why would I think they can hang with them?

Well, that's what the word "trails" means. They've failed to be better than them thus far. Do I really have to list the reasons the Brewers could gain 2-3 games over these two teams over the next 100 or so contests? You've really squashed your entire summer already, huh? The Cards are losing 14-1 after five innings tonight, if you want to limit yourself to one-game samples, as you seem to be doing with the Crew tonight.

Wow, what a rough night for Hall. He just looks awful in the field and at the plate.

Its been a rough season for Hall. Maybe we can stop doing half hour documentaries on his pink bat game for a couple years.

You've really squashed your entire summer already, huh?

My summer will be awesome, thankyouverymuch. My kid starts hockey camp on Tuesday. My pre-season football research has started. Got some great things happening at work. Later this summer, we start planning our New Years trip to Tampa.

And at some point, the ~.500 Brewers will fire their idiot manager, and I'll throw a kegger. Either that, or the team will start winning in spite of him, ala the 2001 Diamondbacks.

No matter what, I'm going to enjoy the next 100 days before hockey season starts up again for me.

I'm glad you're concerned. But since I live in (well, near) Duluth, summer doesn't start until Lake Superior warms up a bit and stops affecting our weather so much. I'm not dumb enough to squash my summer before it even starts. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Maybe we should boo louder to let Hall know that he's having a bad night. He might not realize it.

Now that he's out of the game, it probably doesn't matter.

Fittingly, Dillon takes Hall's spot defensively, and does a Hall impersonation at the plate.

Hey, B.A...you know who else put up huge numbers in the minors? Ben Hendrickson.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Melvin: "So, we have an infielder we're looking to trade, he's hitting .218 with a .286 OBP, and hitting about .160 against righties. He hit 14 HR's last year. He's disgruntled, and booting some easy balls. Plus, he makes $6.8M next year and $8.4M in 2010, with a 2011 option for $9.25M!"

Other team's GM: "Goodness gracious, are you insane in the membrane?! Take your pick of one our best pitchers, and let's get a deal done!"

And at some point, the ~.500 Brewers will fire their idiot manager, and I'll throw a kegger.

Regardless of the reason, I'm always good for a kegger!

I hate games like this too, and I know the opponent makes things extra charged - but this IGT is starting to read like the vent thread in spots. Please don't hesitate to use it. Thanks.

This is a fair point. In our defense, nothing of note has been happening in this game since the sixth inning, when the manager officially gave up.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

I sure hope they don't come to play like this when I go to the game with my Dad on Sunday. Disgusting.

If we can make Kevin Slowey look like this, I cringe at how we are capable of making Scott Baker look. Baker's actually a pretty good pitcher.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

"If we can make Kevin Slowey look like this, I cringe at how we are capable of making Scott Baker look. Baker's actually a pretty good pitcher. "

See, there's the problem. We do pretty well agaisnt GOOD pitcher, (See Sanatana). Its the bad ones we have problems with.

You knew me as Myday2001.

Archived