Brewer Fanatic

6/13/08 Twins (Slowey) at Brewers (Bush): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
It's too bad we don't have coaches who can diagnose those problems, sheethead. They're too busy talking up the opponents.

Yeah, because it couldn't possibly be the Brewers approach. Its always the opponents "command" and "having it going" that shuts them down. Its all about excuses at this point. But its plain to see they are all just trying to get some stats by overswinging. Good thing Ned has their back.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't see what's wrong with trying to hit home runs. We do a good job at it, we're 3rd in the NL in homers. When we hit home runs, we win.

Read the JS article about Branyan.

"Home-run hitters hit homers without trying," Yost said. "They don't overswing."

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Prior to the last start by Slowey, he only gave up 5 runs over 21 innings and his ERA was only 3.76 until the White Sox torched him.
I have seen six of his starts this year. Not once have I ever thought he'd be capable of blowing through our lineup while allowing one hard-hit ball in five innings.

I mean, if you want to keep making excuses for this garbage, that's fine. I'm not going to apologize for having higher expectations than to see my team embarrass themselves in the only games my friends bother to watch.

Slowey now has as many hard-hit balls as he's allowed.

"But he's pitched well before, so it's okay. And I'm sure he was a good hitter in Little League." - Ned Yost

Has nothing to do with excuses, you just for whatever reason are getting all extra bent out of shape because a mediocre pitcher is shutting down the Brewers, even though stuff like this happens around baseball all the time and not just against the Brewers.

Check the box scores of games nearly every night, you'll find a very mediocre pitcher who leaves fans of the other teams saying, how did we not hit this guy. How do you think Astros fans felt when Bush went 7 innings and only allowed 4 baserunners all game two starts ago?

You act like only the Brewers have some monopoly on struggling to score runs some nights vs less than stellar pitchers, even though it happens all the time in the big leagues.

Community Moderator

Wait, so Russell Branyan is our ideal role model for hitting?

Sure, he doesn't over swing when he hits home runs. But what about the nearly 7 times he strikes out for every HR?

As for the W-L category, last I checked we were 4 games above .500 and on pace for our predicted finish of 85-90 wins.

Sure mediocre pitchers have dominating performances, but not very often against contenders. The Brewers are working hard to look like pretenders with the constant, yes constant, domination by pitchers with lines like Slowey's. Pretenders that are 3rd in the NL in home runs. Bravo Brewers, bravo on your 3rd in the NL with home runs.

Edit: That is just brutal Hall. Who in the HELL would want to trade for this sucker butt. Just poor. But I hear he is a nice guy and that's cool.

Wait, so Russell Branyan is our ideal role model for hitting?

Actually, the quote was from Yost.

That was a really bad idea to post. He's the last guy I should be crediting with a good thought about anything related to baseball. Since he said it, it's probably the most inaccurate thing Haudricourt has ever put in the newspaper.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Sure mediocre pitchers have dominating performances, but not very often against contenders. The Brewers are working hard to look like pretenders with the constant, yes constant, domination by pitchers with lines like Slowey's. Pretenders that are 3rd in the NL in home runs. Bravo Brewers, bravo on your 3rd in the NL with home runs.

This is your mistake. The Brewers are no more of a contender than the sub-.500 team that's kicking the crap out of them tonight is.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

As for the W-L category, last I checked we were 4 games above .500 and on pace for our predicted finish of 85-90 wins.

If that's good enough for you then good for you. It won't be enough to earn a playoff spot, therefore its not good enough for me.

If that's good enough for you then good for you. It won't be enough to earn a playoff spot, therefore its not good enough for me.

I'm there. I'm done with this manager, these coaches, and this (bleep) bunch of players.

To see that idiot smirking in the dugout like I just did pretty much sets me off. If I could punch Yost in the chops right about now, I would.

"The Brewers are in big trouble, down by six." - Bill Schroeder.

Whatever we're paying him is just not enough. Such great insight.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

I'm really glad I didn't go to this game. Slowey has not only embarrassed the Crew with his pitching, but he single-handedly outhit them as well. I may have to bring a paper bag to the game tomorrow, just in case. GAME OVER!

Archived