Brewer Fanatic

6/13/08 Twins (Slowey) at Brewers (Bush): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm shocked we looked surprised that the Twins would bunt with Gomez and Casilla.

It's clear to me now that we didn't do any scouting. This is ridiculous. Why even bother with interleague games if we're just going to throw them away like they don't matter?

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Why can't the hitters take the blame for not adjusting to new pitchers? We have scouting reports just like every other major league team.

So our hitters are the only ones who don't adjust well? Every year. No matter who is on the team.

That makes zero sense to me, but I wouldn't be surprised, given the history of this organization.

On the bright side, the bullpen got up after the fourth hard-hit ball in a row. I'm glad we have a keen sense of what could be going wrong.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

This Minnesota team has lost eight of ten. The pitching staff has been absolutely blasted over the first seven games of this road trip, allowing double-digit runs four times.

Our response? Look completely unprepared against a glorified Double-A pitcher.

With how often this happens, you'd think the response would be something more than "Gee, why can't our hitters adjust?". I'm about sick of the same old crap with this team.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

This Minnesota team has lost eight of ten. The pitching staff has been absolutely blasted over the first seven games of this road trip, allowing double-digit runs four times.

Our response? Look completely unprepared against a glorified Double-A pitcher.

With how often this happens, you'd think the response would be something more than "Gee, why can't our hitters adjust?". I'm about sick of the same old crap with this team.

We aren't the only team to struggle sometimes vs a mediocre pitcher

Prior to the last start by Slowey, he only gave up 5 runs over 21 innings and his ERA was only 3.76 until the White Sox torched him.

Prior to the last start by Slowey, he only gave up 5 runs over 21 innings and his ERA was only 3.76 until the White Sox torched him.

I have seen six of his starts this year. Not once have I ever thought he'd be capable of blowing through our lineup while allowing one hard-hit ball in five innings.

I mean, if you want to keep making excuses for this garbage, that's fine. I'm not going to apologize for having higher expectations than to see my team embarrass themselves in the only games my friends bother to watch.

Slowey now has as many hard-hit balls as he's allowed.

"But he's pitched well before, so it's okay. And I'm sure he was a good hitter in Little League." - Ned Yost

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

We hit a ton of silo homers.

I think we all have MMP to thank for this fine display of home run derby attempts. Just look at the swings (Cameron), they are all trying to hit home runs! They are constantly missing 88 mph fastballs down the middle (and no Dale, they aren't down in the zone) because of overswinging.

Archived