Brewer Fanatic

6/13/08 Twins (Slowey) at Brewers (Bush): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was another 'ball beat him, therefore he's probably out' call. I swear those are coinflips as to safe/out. If I had the access, I'd love to run those results. Don't know where I'd get that video access. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

ROCK WITH THE VADER REFERENCE! I don't care that he applied it terribly, that will be remembered!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

The ump had to be basically in the coach's position to see that particular play. On the replay, his positioning didn't look as bad, but I still think his view was obscured

Exactly. He assumed the tag was there because the throw was.

You never assume anything. If you don't see the tag, you have to act as if it didn't happen. No single position is going to give the ump a chance to see 100% of the possible angles on a play like that. His mistake was assuming something happened that he didn't see.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

You never assume anything. If you don't see the tag, you have to act as if it didn't happen.

Why it's a 'coin toss' in my eyes is that you have to make the choice on that kind of call to assume something you didn't see -- either direction. If you call him out there, you definitely second-guess yourself as to whether or not he was tagged. If you go 'safe', you second-guess whether or not he was tagged. Crappy call for an ump to have to make.

Love the work by Bush so far.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

This just seems like one of those games where we just give up at the plate and have no umph. We are a team that feeds off of momentum (all teams are) but we often just fold against goof ball pitchers like Slowly.
Formerly Andersoc420

This just seems like one of those games where we just give up at the plate and have no umph. We are a team that feeds off of momentum (all teams are) but we often just fold against goof ball pitchers like Slowly.

The Twins aren't exactly doing much at the plate either while facing 5.50 ERA Dave Bush. They hit one ball hard all game and were lucky that an error left a runner on base for the ball hit by Mauer.

Watching both guys pitch, both Slowey and Bush look very similar. High 80's straight fastball and mediocre stuff overall, needing great command each night to get outs.

The Twins aren't exactly doing much at the plate either while facing 5.50 ERA Dave Bush. They hit one ball hard all game and were lucky that an error left a runner on base for the ball hit by Mauer.

Watching both guys pitch, both Slowey and Bush look very similar. High 80's straight fastball and mediocre stuff overall, needing great command each night to get outs.

I do think they're similar, but what annoys me is that we always do this with guys we don't know well. It's as if the scouting people aren't doing their jobs to prepare the hitters.

In the case of Bush, we're always holding our breath waiting for the meltdown. Slowey isn't exactly like that, but he has the "Bushesque meltdown" in him. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Archived