Brewer Fanatic

invasion of daron sutton "redhead" section. does anyone have an extra "buckethead" t-shirt?

pepsimax23

Hey Guys.

I'm sure there are very few of you aware of this. Daron Sutton has reincarnated the "buckethead" section to arizona. here, they are now called the "redheads".

http://arizona.diamondbacks.mlb.com/ari/ticketing/redheads.jsp

needless to say, i plan on invading the section, a couple times this season. wearing full brewers regalia. if anyone has a buckethead t-shirt (extra one or willing to part with), i'd love to bring that in the section. ultimately, the brewers will be in town july 2, we need to crash the redhead party by the dozens. whos coming out for that series? who else lives in phx?

ps. I apologize if this is the wrong forum to post this.

My wife and I are going to the entire series. We were going to wear our lime green buckethead shirts from a few years ago. However, our tickets have already been purchased, so no Redhead section.

Oh, and, personally, I preferred Grace's name suggestion: The Sutt Hut.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Since the Buckethead was an invention of Jon Greenberg when the Brewers werent drawing so well, I think this is a kinda silly..

Do they have that many seats to fill? Just askin...

that whole thing was so lame and minor-league that I'm still ashamed on Sutton's behalf any time I even think of it.

It reminded me of those guys from Major League out in the stands with the headdresses and big drums.

And they made Lyle Overbay feel loved. You can't spell Love without L-O... You can't spell, oh blast, what's the rest! Let Sutton take the pseudo-Buckethead idea; we still have a rabid fanbase without Young Sut. If only he would have taken Bill with him. I wonder if they'd trade Gracie for Billy. I'm a Cubby hater, but I always had a respect for Gracie. Plus it'd be hilarious to hear some stories of Counsell and Gracie, ripping up the Phoenix nightlife with a young J-Kidd.

I am going to try and get up there for a game. It would be my first non-Brewer Major League Baseball stadium.

Let me know who's going. I would probably have to tag along with someone. My baseball friends in Tucson are extremely busy or out of town at that time. I also have no shortage of buckethead shirts.

• 2 weeks later...
that would be fun. I will be at Tuesday and Wednesdays game. I havent bought my ticket yet because the person who was supposed to go with me bailed on me (aka girlfriend dumped me). Anyone coming into town for the series?
Formerly AirShuttle6104

my wife and I will be there for all four games. Game one sitting in section right next to Brewer dugout (section A, I believe); game 2 front row bleachers in left center field; game three row 3 of club level right next to owner's box; row four TBD (I plan on walking up and buying the cheapest I can get short of the $1 seats since I will have spent enough on tickets, food, hotels, and whatever else during the other 3 games).

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Mark Grace is someone who I wish I never heard talk. He is the worst color man in baseball.

If radio is included in this discussion, Ron Santo makes Mark Grace look like Bill Shakespeare.

anybody want to meet for drinks or something before the game? The wife and I are going to Jackson's on 3rd on Tuesday afternoon/evening before the game. that is, assuming it's open before 4 pm. Last year, they didn't open up until 4 pm even though the web and the sign on the door said 11 am Monday-Saturday.

We're open to any other place, too.

- - - - - - - - -

I might be up for some pregame drinking...since we all know we cant tailgate in PHX. I will have to find out when my friend plans on meeting me there and if she would be up for it. Shes a huge baseball fan (and cute too!!!) ....sadly would probably put some peoples knowledge on here to shame. lol
Formerly AirShuttle6104

I'm sure there are very few of you aware of this. Daron Sutton has reincarnated the "buckethead" section to arizona. here, they are now called the "redheads".

http://arizona.diamondbacks.mlb.com/ari/ticketing/redheads.jsp

Was Daron ever called "Sutt" in Milwaukee?

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I'd love to meet up beforehand, but I have a Chemistry final to take first. I probably will barely make the game on time! I can't wait. This will be the first Major league baseball stadium I am going to that isn't in Milwaukee. The new prospect mentioned in the Robin19 released/signed thread is earning major bonus points for this.

I will be in Section 114 Row 36 and in a seat between 5 and 8. I will have some Brewer apparel on. Either a white shirt with the ball and glove logo or a blue one from spring training. Stop by and wish me a happy birthday or condolences on a bombed final exam because I am too excited about the game tonight!

i cant believe i've lost track of this thread. i'd LOVE to meet other bf.net posters this week. i can remember the excitement at the stadium years back when talking to randoms in brewers gear - we were so enthused about the brewers being at .500 - awesome there are higher expectations now. really, i'm okay with a 2-2 showing so it can be a 5-5 road trip.

so along jackson st, i hope to see lots of blue around the sedona red. next to the stadium, theres a bar called "sliders" (oddly enough, it used to be named leinenkugels), and hopefully a lot of cheeseheads will be in attendance. i cant believe it but i'm likely to be at all 4 games this series. i am always tracking the games on computer or listening to streaming wtmj anyways. last spring training, i went to 13 games. and it never felt like it was too much.

tuesday game, there will be 35+ badger alumni sitting in sect 110 rows 19-22. (i am the coordinator of the wisconsin badger alumni chapter of PHX / anyone feel free to PM me if you'd like to watch bucky go for bcs again this fall w/ us). wednesday game, i'll be sitting with 100 hebrews in section 318. the jewish federation gave all of us free tix. thurs, i'll prob by myself & the gf $5 upper deck tix.

i was thinking about bringing a 3TO sign. my friend scott is likely to bring a sign for his favorite brewer, ed sedar.

ps. i keep snoozing during spring training - i'd love to coordinate some kind of a bf.net az party, maybe next year.

getting ready to head to the park now. the wife and I are going to Jackson's on 3rd for drinks and food before we head in tonight. I'll have my bf.net t-shirt on underneath my Brewer Hawaiian shirt, so come say "hi" if you'd like.

At the game we're in section 143 (left-center bleachers) row 11 (that's the front row). Go Brewers!

- - - - - - - - -

Archived