Brewer Fanatic

2008 U.S. Open Thread

Menotti80
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think my mom summed it up perfectly today when she said "Whoever wins the British Open and PGA will be like the Houston Rockets of 94 and 95."

Yeah that really does sum it up. Everyone now has a great chance to steal a major while Tiger is away. I don't like the USA's chances now in the Ryder Cup either.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I am a huge fan of Tiger, and think he's one of the greatest athletes on the planet, but I kind of find it strange that nobody else seems to find it strange how this amazingly conditioned athlete tore his ACL..... while jogging?

Meanwhile I dont recall the Hefty Lefty, Lumpy or other non-athletic-looking golfers ever being injured like this (or maybe it just never got the press because they are not tiger Woods)

Anyways, I hope for a speedy and 100% successful recovery. And we better freaking still win the Ryder Cup. I will be taking off of work once again and I cant STAND to see those Euros when they bash our faces in during the Ryder Cup

"Meanwhile I dont recall the Hefty Lefty, Lumpy or other non-athletic-looking golfers ever being injured like this (or maybe it just never got the press because they are not tiger Woods)"

Something makes me doubt those guys even jog. Tiger is a workout freak, and he probably does some pretty high-stress conditioning and strength exercises. A guy from my softball team tore his quad off the bone rounding first base. He didn't even go to the doctor, played the next week and tore his ACL. I think this is pretty much the same thing as Tiger. He got a base injury, didn't want to stop playing, and managed to destroy everything else.

Tiger is quite possibly the most amazing athlete to ever play any sport.

Archived