Brewer Fanatic

2008 U.S. Open Thread

Menotti80

Should be a darn good tourney. Gotta love the top 12 players in the world all being paired together.

As of 11:25, Wisconsin's own Steve Stricker is leading at -4 after 7 holes. Hopefully Steve can keep it up!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Man Stricker has really bounced back the last couple of seasons.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I'm a big fan of Torrey Pines and it looks really tough with the shaved edges around the green. Should see some great birdies and some almost not-fair double bogeys. The cream shall rise to the top in this US Open.

I was out there on Friday, but I didn't see Turcott and Stricker. I just missed them both. I was bummed that we had a lack of knowledge. The scoreboards/leaderboards are not as effective as the ones at the US Bank. They had some cool wireless technology sponsored by AmEx, but it was only the first 1,500 cardmembers each day.

Tiger=amazing golfer. I didn't get to watch any of his shots live last night, as I chose the Brewer game, but watching the replays of his Eagles on 13 and 18 and his chip out of the sand at 17, he's stunning. I wonder if he's even human! Can't wait to see what he does today.

I was at a wedding last night so I missed all of Tiger's round. Just saw the highlights this morning, Wow! Talk about amazing, those eagles were just incredible. Even though it's only a 1 shot lead I don't see anyway Tiger loses. He doesn't lose going into Sunday with a tie or a lead.

As for Phil's 9, I feel for him, I do that kind of stuff all the time. Of course I'm not even close to a pro.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

What an amazing final round today. I watched the whole thing after I got home from the Brewer game. Very entertaining, lots of drama on that last hole it was awesome. I would be highly surprised if Tiger didn't win tomorrow. Anyone know what that that starts and if it will be on TV?

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
That putt was quintessential Tiger. What a great finish - well, not yet.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived