Brewer Fanatic

6/12/08 Brewers (Sheets) at Astros (Moehler): 1:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he's being pitched around (as was alluded to), I'd say he's much more likely to walk four times than strike out thrice.

Pitched around or not, in his career Prince has waked 4 times in a game once while striking out 3 times or more 10 times. 3 Ks is more likely.

Edit: If you are referring to IBB then yes, Prince will not swing at those pitches.

Where's the guy defending MMP now?

Right here. It's the same park for both teams. That's why it's silly to gripe about it.

I'm not griping about it in terms of fairness.

Edit:

I guess I feel like it's just not conducive to good baseball. Is it great we just had a 5 run inning? Sure. But it just seems impure to have a stadium where the ball jumps out like they're playing in a little league park. It just feels sacrilegious.

Edit:

I guess I feel like it's just not conducive to good baseball. Is it great we just had a 5 run inning? Sure. But it just seems impure to have a stadium where the ball jumps out like they're playing in a little league park. It just feels sacrilegious.

I agree, the stadium seems unnatural, almost like left field is a gimmick that was unneccessary.

Come on Ben, let's settle down.

tristarcoop,

But it's not a LL ballpark. I wish it had bigger dimensions, but people outside of Houston have a pathological disdain for the place that is not grounded in reality. I am going to start calling this condition MMPDS (Minute Maid Park Derangement Syndrome).

tristarcoop,

But it's not a LL ballpark. I wish it had bigger dimensions, but people outside of Houston have a pathological disdain for the place that is not grounded in reality. I am going to start calling this condition MMPDS (Minute Maid Park Derangement Syndrome).

I've actually been there are few times and in and of itself, I have no problems with the park. It's well done and does a decent job of integrating new amenities with an older "look." It's comfortable and clean and has lots of good sight lines.

That being said, it feels absolutely cavernous. If you're on the third base side, lower level, the field/seats opposite of you in right center seem AGES away.

I don't have a disdain for it, I just am not a fan. There's a difference.

I feel like it takes a lot of skill out of the game having that crazy short porch. I understand that to casual fans, homers are exciting, but I think a true baseball fan gets annoyed by the "unreality" of it.

Anyone else flip over to WGN to check out the Cubs game? They are doing throwback day, and a throwback broadcast. It is the stupidest idea I've ever seen. First, they have type writer noise in the background. Second, the camera views are REALLY far back. They show every pitch from the angle like you are sitting in the second deck on the 3rd base side. And third, the broadcast is in black and white, thus you can NEVER see the ball. You can't see the pitch. If the hitter swings, you have no idea where the ball is. And you can't see throws or plays in the field. Whoever's idea that was should be fired. If they must, do it for 1 inning, but it's impossible to watch!!

Cubs.com wrote:
The game should be a treat for TV viewers, who can watch the first two innings in black and white with fewer camera angles. The telecast will try to go without a center-field camera and use basic graphics at the start, and then add a camera or another technical advancement as the game progresses. Commentators Len Kasper and Bob Brenly will don appropriate 1948 garb in the booth.
I guess it's only temporary.

Archived