Brewer Fanatic

Alfonso Soriano - Broken finger on left hand - out 6 weeks

bullox

I mean, I hate to root for guys to get injured, but wow. As a Brewers fan, I really couldn't have asked for a better group of three players to all go down at the same time. Now for Zambrano. Maybe he'll accidently break his Id.

Since Soriano's expected to be out six weeks, and the article says, " The team was expected to call up outfielder Micah Hoffpauir from Triple-A Iowa to take Soriano's spot on the roster," I think it's safe to tack on the transaction posticon and tag right away. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Well, this adds to the proof that no player and no team is immune from injury and DL time; and since the Brewers are hardly out of the woods in that category, I will say no more on the topic.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I'm sure Reed Johnson (or whomever takes over in LF) will step in and vault himself into the MVP race in Soriano's absence.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Yeah NSBB had a few crappy fans cheering at injuries.

I hate the Cubs with the fire of a thousand suns but I can't cheer injuries. Cubs didn't miss a beat last time, but maybe we have a shot at gaining some ground. Soriano is leading the Cubs in jacks and 4th in RBIs (And had a DL stint already so he's been on fire).

rluzinski[/b]]Soriano is what, their 5th most valuable player? Yes! the Cubs will win only 94 games now!
That's it? Man do they suck.

Put me amongst the group that doesn't like cheering for player injuries.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Nothing I can do about players getting injured. I'm just a fan, and this is GREAT for the Crew! Obviously none of us want anyone to get injured. We're all fine, upstanding Midwesteners,. and I'd like to think the majority of us wish nothing but goodwill upon others......... so with that.....HELL YEAH!!!!! GO Crew!

This is not going to bode well for the already difficult schedule that the Cubs have in front of them in the month of June. Let's go AL...CRUSH THE CUBS!!!!

I hate the Cubs so much it hurts! It's time to start taking advantage of all of this. We've been injury plagued all season long...it's about time the other teams feel the wrath of the injury bug. We NEED to take advantage of this opportunity. If we can't, then I'm all out hope.

With that..I'm knocking on wood as I type, praying that we don't have another brush with the bug.

They still have the best ERA in the NL, and I doubt they'll struggle to score runs without him. Heck, I'm sure they'll gain on the Cardinals with Pujols being out as he's much more valuable to the Cards than Soriano is to the Cubs. I'd be happy if the Brewers pick up 2-3 games in Soriano's absence, even with that rough schedule.

Archived