Brewer Fanatic

A.J. Burnett

A.J. Burnett, has the ability to opt out of his deal, after this season, and in all likelyhood he will. That means if the Blue Jays are out of it they will be looking to deal him. Burnett, has not been having a great season, he is posting a 4.98 ERA, and his high walk rate from 07, has carried over to 08. On the bright side, his homerun rate is way down, which other than the walk rate, was the only alarming thing about 07. All in all, he is a solid #2/3 starter when healthy. What about sending Taylor Green, and Zach Braddock to the Blue Jays, for A.J. Burnett, asuming the Jays are willing to move him.

It would not have to be a two month rental either, Sheets is likely to walk, and Cameron, Gagne, Turnbow, Mota are all going to be off the books as well. That is alot of free money, I would asume they would look into getting one of Burnett, Lowe, and Perez during the off-season anyway.

I don't know if it's been talked about a lot but I get the feeling Melvin is going to take care of the pitching problem in the organization this off season with the trade of Prince Fielder. If LaPorta keeps raking and maybe a move to LF for Gamel and Hart to CF. Let Sheets walk, get a lot of young talented arms this off season and Yo becomes our new #1. Totally off base?

It's very possible. If the Brewers don't make it to the playoffs this year, they'll think the lesson learned is they should have traded one or more of the kids for a big time All Star type.

If Burnett continues to pitch this badly he won't opt of his contract; he won't get a better deal from another team.

Archived